Things to Do in San Francisco This Spring
Spring is ideal for visiting San Francisco, before the summer brings the fog and the crowds. Travelers visiting between March and May will find plenty of outdoor activities—from coastal road trips to bay cruises—to enhance their sightseeing. Here are a few ways to explore the city streets and beyond.
- Check out San Francisco’s craft beer scene andsample its microbrews.
*Ride a double-decker hop-on hop-off busthrough the city’s vibrant neighborhoods and disembark to explore at your leisure.
Carve out a few hours to visit top attractions likeAlcatraz and Muir Woods.
Treat your taste buds on afoodie tour of North Beachon foot.
*Speed around town by private vehicleand get to know San Francisco’s personalities, from hippie to hipster.
- Zip along the waterfront on aSegway tourwith views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
*Explore Fisherman’s Wharfwith attraction passes and a cruise on San Francisco Bay.
*Tour the Napa Valleyand savor the scenic views while you sip world-class wines.
*Cruise down the Pacific Coast Highwayon a day trip to Monterey Bay and Carmel-by-the-Sea.
*Go whale watchingand search the waters for migrating gray whales and humpbacks.
7 Tours and Activities | All San Francisco Tours
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path in San Francisco
- Food Lover's Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco Museums After Dark
- San Francisco Dining Cruises
- Don't-Miss Dishes in San Francisco
- How to Spend a Rainy Day in San Francisco
- Biking Across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Things to Do in San Francisco This Spring