Davies Symphony Hall Tours and Activities
One of San Francisco’s grandest concert venues, Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall was built specifically for the San Francisco Symphony. Upon completion the symphony was able to expand to a year-round, full-time schedule of concerts. It formerly shared space with the San Francisco Opera and the San Francisco Ballet.
The symphony hall, designed by a team of architects and acoustic consultants, is artful and beautiful inside and out. Sound bounces off of glass walls built to create a building within a building, and the result is that audience members are surrounded by reverberant sound. To accommodate an expanded repertory, a massive pipe organ was added to the structure in 1984.
The San Francisco Symphony plays a wide range of classical music alongside hosting contemporary events. Windows and balconies on the second floor offer beautiful views of the skyline and the City Hall. The symphony hall is a beacon of elegance and culture in San Francisco.
Tours and Activities to Experience Davies Symphony Hall
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon