San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat)
Ever since 1874, when this Natural History Museum became Southern California’s first scientific institution, researchers have been working to showcase the tales of the world around us.In this highly interactive, highly educational, natural history museum focused on the region of southern and Baja California, visitors can learn everything from the mysteries of fossils to the saga of California’s water.Sit back and enjoy a film inside the enormous 3D theater, or compare the shapes of over 200 skulls from a wide assortment of animals.
The scientists and researchers who work with the museum are some of the top in their field, and have dedicated their lives to explaining and learning the secrets of the natural world.Whether it’s trying to figure out why whales breach in the nearby waters offshore, or exploring the astounding biodiversity of the greater San Diego region, there’s always something intriguing and new taking place inside this museum.
What are San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat) hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat)?
- Go San Diego All-Inclusive City Pass: Access 55+ Attractions
- Platinum Balboa Park and Downtown Segway Tour
- Go San Diego Explorer City Pass: Choose any 3, 4, 5 or 7 Attractions
- San Diego Balboa Park Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Things to do near San Diego
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in Ensenada
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Arizona