La Villita Historic Arts Village
No trip to San Antonio would be complete without a stroll along the cobbled streets of historic La Villita. Luckily, most sightseeing tours stop here, including San Antonio River Walk cruises, hop-on hop-off bus tours, and guided Segway tours of historic downtown. La Villita's proximity to the River Walk makes it a natural extension for guided or independent explorations of the area—just leave time to shop at neighborhood boutiques and dine at local restaurants.
Things to Know Before You Go
La Villita is a popular stop among foodies, shopping enthusiasts, and history buffs.
Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking over uneven cobbled streets.
Shops and restaurants in La Villita accept cash and major credit cards.
How to Get There
You can get to La Villita on foot from the River Walk at the Arneson River Theatre. Parking can be scarce in the area, so if you're already downtown, it's a good idea to walk, take the bus, or hail a taxi.
When to Get There
Plan to visit the neighborhood when its shops and restaurants are open. Restaurant hours vary, but most shops are open daily, with shorter hours on Sundays. Check the calendar of events to see what might be going on during your stay.
Historic Attractions in La Villita
La Villita is home to numerous heritage buildings. Keep an eye out for Cos House, built before 1835 and one of the oldest buildings in the neighborhood, as well as the Little Church of La Villita, which operates one of the city’s longest-running food kitchens.
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sapa
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Missouri
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Hemisfair Park
- Battle For Texas: The Experience
- San Antonio River Walk (Paseo Del Rio)
- Hard Rock Cafe San Antonio
- Alamo IMAX Theatre
- The Alamo
- Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- San Fernando Cathedral
- Tower of the Americas
- Bexar County Courthouse
- Spanish Governor's Palace
- Institute of Texan Cultures (ITC)
- King William Historic District
- San Antonio Historic Market Square