San Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo)
San Bernardo Hill(Cerro San Bernardo) is a mountain that overlooks Salta, Argentina located east of the city center. From the top of the mountain, you can enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the city, including La Merced, San Francisco and San Alfonso Churches and the Cathedral of Salta. You'll also be able to see Plaza 9 de Julio and the Cabildo (Town Hall) as well as the roads to Cafayate and Campo Quijano. San Bernardo Hill is also a religious place that attracts pilgrims on the first Sunday of every May. There are 14 stations of the Way of the Cross on the hill.
The summit can be reached by cable car, driving, or on foot. The footpath up the hill involves climbing 1,070 steps, which takes about 30 minutes. There is a restaurant at the top of the hill serving food and beverages and a shop selling handicrafts.
What are San Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo) hours of operation?
Should I book San Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit San Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo) 2021?
What's the best way to experience San Bernardo Hill (Cerro San Bernardo)?
- 4-Days Tour of Salta Cafayate and Humahuaca
- Private 4 Days Relax and Yoga Experience in Salta
- Salta City Half Day Tour
- 4-Day Trip to Salta by Air from Buenos Aires
Things to do near Salta
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in San Pedro de Atacama
- Things to do in Uyuni
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in La Paz
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil