Acsibi Caves Tours and Activities
Tucked in the Calchaquíes Valley lie a series of caves carved by Mother Nature from the red sandstone of the area. Accessible only on foot, the caves were formed thousands of years ago and are famous for their unusual formations and for the light that filters through gaps in its ceiling, creating an abstract vision of shape and shadow.
The trek to the caves begins near the mouth of a canyon along the River Montenieva. As the trail climbs, the canyon narrows and the trees and cacti begin to disappear. The otherworldly landscape — dotted with historic landmarks from the ancient civilizations that once lived in the area — culminates at the caves, made all the more impressive by their secluded location.
Tours and Activities to Experience Acsibi Caves
No results found.How about something else?See all Salta tours
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in San Pedro de Atacama
- Things to do in Uyuni
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in La Paz
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil