Park City Mountain Resort
The park’s vast 7,300 acres (2954 hectares) receive an average 365 inches (927 centimeters) of annual snowfall and offers 341 trails, 41 lifts, and 7 terrain parks to be enjoyed on skis, snowboards, tubes, snowmobiles, and sleighs. During the summer you can mountain bike, hike, zipline, rock climb, or take on the 3,000-foot (914-meter) Alpine Slide. The resort’s mountain village also provides vacationers with shopping, dining, nightlife, spas, and live music.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Ski and snowboard lessons are available for beginners to advance visitors.
- There are childcare and kid-specific activities at the resort.
- You can purchase lift tickets and reserve rental gear in advance for lower prices.
- Park City Mountain Resort is one of 65 resorts included in Vail’s Epic Pass.
How to Get There
The Park City Mountain Resort is a 35-minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport. Salt Lake City has non-stop flights from more than 70 US cities, making the resort one of the most accessible in the nation. You can take a car, bus, or shuttle from the airport straight to the resort.
When to Get There
The park's winter activities typically open in November and close in April. The park reopens for the summer from May through September. Season passes are available for both winter and summer activities. Skip visiting during the winter holidays or on three-day weekends to avoid the crowds.
Summer at Park City Mountain Resort The action doesn't stop at Park City Mountain Resort when the snow melts. The resort is converted into an outdoor theme park with 20 miles (32 kilometers) of mountain biking and hiking trails, zipline courses, a rock climbing wall, golf courses, and scenic lift rides. There is even an amusement park with a roller coaster and kid-specific tubing, ziplining, mini golf, and gem panning.
- Utah Olympic Park
- Solitude Mountain Resort
- Brighton Resort
- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
- Utah's Hogle Zoo
- This is the Place Heritage Park
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Red Butte Garden
- Fort Douglas Military Museum
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA)
- Liberty Park
- Tracy Aviary
- Leonardo Museum
- Salt Lake Tabernacle
- Joseph Smith Memorial Building