Clark Planetarium Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Salt Lake City’s Clark Planetarium promotes greater public awareness of the sciences by creating educational experiences that inspire wonder and curiosity. Tons of free interactive exhibits, curated IMAX screening, laser light shows, and intergalactic adventures in the Dome make the natural world, space, and beyond accessible to all.
The Clark Planetarium is one of the top family-friendly attractions in Utah, thanks in part to its three floors of free interactive exhibits and hands-on fun. The Hansen Dome Theatre presents space adventures and star programs highlighting current astronomical sights as well as late-night laser light shows such as Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. The planetarium also features a regular showing of science and nature documentaries in the big-screen IMAX theater.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Clark Planetarium is ideal for science enthusiasts and families with children.
- Purchase IMAX and Dome skip-the-line tickets online to avoid waiting and potential disappointment, especially for new shows (which tend to sell out).
- The on-site shop sells everything space-related, from star books to telescopes.
- The planetarium exhibits and theaters are accessible to wheelchair users.
How to Get There
The Clark Planetarium is located in the Gateway shopping and entertainment complex in downtown Salt Lake City. Take the green or blue TRAX light rail line to the Planetarium stop, right at the planetarium’s front door. You can also drive to the museum; there is paid parking in the South Garage, and the planetarium offers discounted parking for guests.
When to Get There
The planetarium is open from 10:30am to 7pm Sunday to Wednesday, to 10pm Thursday, and to 11pm Friday and Saturday. It is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Various shows are offered daily, with late-night shows on Friday and Saturday; check the planetarium’s website for a current schedule.
The Hansen Dome Theatre
Clark Planetarium is home to the Hansen Dome Theatre, the first “pitless” digital dome planetarium in the United States. The dome features 360-degree immersive entertainment and a 3D experience with no glasses required. The 55-foot (17-meter) spherical screen tilts over a 200-seat amphitheater, and each seat has its own button controls. The massive sound system is equally impressive.
Address: 110 S 400 W, Salt Lake City 84101, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Clark Planetarium
No results found!
Things to do near Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in Jackson Hole
- Things to do in Moab
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Denver
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Wyoming
- Things to do in Colorado