Rome Via del Corso
Whether you explore Rome on your own or on a guided tour, chances are very good you’ll run into Via del Corso at some point along its 1-mile (1.6-kilometer) stretch that starts at Piazza del Popolo. Walking tours, Segway tours, and bike tours provide the chance to see the sights around Via del Corso with insight from a guide. Landmarks located on or within a few blocks of the street include Villa Borghese, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Galleria Alberto Sordi, National Museum of Palazzo Venezia, and several baroque churches.
Things to know before you go
- Via del Corso runs north to south, ending at Piazza Venezia.
- Lined with boutiques, Via del Corso is a must-visit for people who love to shop.
- The street has narrow sidewalks and two lanes of traffic in most sections, and is often crowded, so take care when walking.
How to get there
Via del Corso sits in the northern section of the city’s historical center, starting at Piazza del Popolo a few blocks east of the River Tiber. The Flaminio metro station is located just north of the piazza. The street is within walking distance of most of Rome’s central sights.
When to get there
You’ll find Via del Corso bustling all day long, from early morning sightseers to afternoon shoppers to evening strollers. It’s a great place for people watching and taking in the atmosphere of the city at any time.
Before starting your walk down Via del Corso, consider stopping first at Villa Borghese, located on the east side of Piazza del Popolo. This large manicured garden is home to fountains, boat rental, walking paths, monuments, and, most prominently, the 17th-century Borghese Gallery art museum.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Via Condotti (Via dei Condotti)
- Antico Caffè Greco
- Ara Pacis Museum (Museo dell'Ara Pacis)
- Barcaccia Fountain (Fontana della Barcaccia)
- Spanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)
- Keats-Shelley House
- Basilica di San Lorenzo in Lucina
- Villa Medici
- Piazza del Popolo
- Pincio Gardens (Pincio)
- Trinità dei Monti
- Piazza di Spagna
- Rome Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)
- Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)
- Basilica di Sant'Andrea delle Fratte