Pepino Beach (Praia do Pepino)
Located on the southwest end of Sao Conrado Beach, Pepino Beach rounds into a picturesque cove, with lush vegetation and the granite mountains of Pedra da Gavea and Pedra Bonita rising behind it.
But besides being a lovely strip of sand, Pepino Beach is most commonly known as the landing spot for Rio’s hang-gliders and paragliders. Adrenaline-seekers jump from a platform atop Pedra Bonita before gracefully landing at Pepino Beach, and those interested in watching these daredevils in flight can get a perfect view on the water.
Wedged between Ipanema and Barra da Tijuca, Sao Conrado and Pepino beaches are usually less crowded alternatives to the famous shores of Copacabana and Ipanema. With plenty of white sand, gorgeous views and crashing waves sometimes suitable for surfing and boogie boarding, Pepino Beach is a great place to kick back and enjoy a day on the shore.
Should I book Pepino Beach (Praia do Pepino) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pepino Beach (Praia do Pepino) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Pepino Beach (Praia do Pepino)?
- Fly from Paragliding in Rio de Janeiro
- Rio Botanical Garden and Tijuca Rainforest Jeep Tour
- Private Helicopter Tour over Rio de Janeiro - 03 people - 30 min
- Full Day Tour in Rio: Pepino Beach, Tijuca Forest, Corcovado and Santa Teresa
Things to do near Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Lake District