Lage Park (Parque Lage)
Those who have already been enchanted by the Jardim Bôtanico, but are looking for a less popular venue, will find a tranquil paradise at Lage Park (Parque Lage). The small park at the foot of Corcovado Mountain was once the residence of the rich industrialist Enrique Large and his wife, the singer Gabriella Besanzoni. Surrounded by monkeys and birds hopping from branch to branch in the Atlantic rain forest, the park resembles an oasis and it is easy to see why the couple decided to settle down here. The mansion was built in the colonial style, but was later remodeled by Italian architect Mario Vodrelan and enclosed by a perfectly landscaped English-style garden. Today, the building hosts the Escola de Artes Visuais – the visual arts school – as well as a café, both of which are open to the public.
Behind the turquoise pool in the courtyard, the wooden benches of the café and the embellished facade, Christ the Redeemer rises into the sky and creates the perfect backdrop for a day away from busy Rio. Apart from the nice view of the Christ, the delightful pastries at the café and the occasional exhibition or event, the Parque Lage also offers nice walks through the lush landscape with lots of things to discover. Visitors can enjoy fish tanks holding a variety of Brazilian species, admire fountains, ponds, caves and a tower and find plenty of benches to sit and take in the scenery.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Lage Park (Parque Lage) hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Lage Park (Parque Lage) ?
- Botanic Garden & Parque Lage Guided Tour, Admission & Transfer
- Botanical Garden and Parque Lage Tour including Photo Shoot
- Full-Day Custom Private Tour of Rio
- Natural Highlights of Rio
Things to do near Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Porto Seguro
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina