Grumari Beach (Praia de Grumari)
While the beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema offer a lot to see and there is always something going on, sometimes visitors find themselves in need of a break from the vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro. Grumari Beach (Praia de Grumari) is one of those beaches that is still a real insider tip and since it can only be reached by car, it is not very well known by tourists. Here, you can enjoy peace and tranquility surrounded by rolling hills and deep green Atlantic rainforest. The powdery sand along the 3 kilometer long beach is a bit darker, which, combined with the wild landscape, creates a stunning backdrop for this day trip.
Just like the adjoining Prainha Beach, Grumari Beach is part of a nature reserve and still very off the beaten track. Accordingly, visitors are predominantly locals and the signs of mass tourism have not yet manifested. The bay is very clean and pristine and can often be found completely deserted during the week. Due to its status as an environmentally protected area, there are no people living in the immediate area, but the village of Guaratiba is located fairly close by. The locals there live mainly from fishing and accordingly, some of the best seafood restaurants in Rio can be found there.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Grumari Beach (Praia de Grumari)?
- Jeep tour 18 beaches, Telegraph Stone hiking & amazing sunset + photographer
- Full-Day Custom Private Tour of Rio
- Pedra Do Telegrafo including All Inclusive Beaches
- Pedra do Telégrafo Hiking and Wild Beaches Tour
Things to do near Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Ilha Grande
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Porto Seguro
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina