Things to Do in Reykjavik with Kids
Compact, colorful, and charming, Reykjavik is full of kid-friendly fun. From learning about Vikings and petting Icelandic horses to spotting whales and chasing the Northern Lights, this list details some of the best things for families to do in Iceland’s capital.
- Explore the city at your own pace on ahop-on, hop-off bus tourthat hits all the major sights.
- Meet adorableIcelandic horsesand ride through the countryside.
- Dress up like a Viking and hear dramatic tales about the history of Iceland at theSaga Museum.
- Meet farm animals and costumed guides atÁrbær Open Air Museum.
- View life-size models of whales at Whales of Iceland and then head out onto the water with acombo museum and whale-watching package.Or, gopuffin-spotting.
- Search for the magicalNorthern Lightsand hear some of the Icelandic myths associated with them on an evening tour. Toasting marshmallows arounf the campfire is a family favorite.