Termas de Papallacta Spa Tours and Activities
Just a 40-mile (67-km) ride from Quito through the Amazon jungle lies the 625 acres (253 hectares) of the privately owned Termas de Papallacta Spa.
This hotel spa and resort features thermal baths on the banks of the Papallacta River, which crosses the property. Situated in a unique environment between the Cayambe and Antiisana volcanos, the odorless thermal waters in the nine pools vary between 97 F (36 C) and 104 F (40 C), providing health benefits in a soothing environment.
Enjoy some pampering and relaxation in the hot-water thermal pools or the three cold-water pools. The spa also offers hydro massages using water jets or air bubbles, facials, reflexology and aromatherapy.
Take advantage of self-guided walks on the many nature paths, or opt for the orientation given by native guides. The abundance of animals and plants on the property includes 160 species of birds. This private nonprofit organization has a research and interpretation center that has audiovisual information on locally found species. The resort restaurant has a diverse menu of national and international cuisine. Local fresh trout is the specialty, and many ingredients are picked from the organic vegetable garden on-site.
Tours and Activities to Experience Termas de Papallacta Spa
Frequently Asked Questions
- Free time in Quito? Lets go to Papallacta's Volcanic Termal Springs!
- Termas de Papallacta Hot Springs full day tour from Quito
- Ecuadorian Treasures Bucket List Tour
- Shared Papallacta Tour from Quito
- Things to do in Mindo
- Things to do in Nueva Loja
- Things to do in Armenia
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Iquitos
- Things to do in Bogotá
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Medellín
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Osa Peninsula & Gulfo Dulce
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Central Pacific