Limpiopungo Lagoon Tours and Activities
Like a mirror that reflects the beauty of the surrounding peaks, Limpiopungo Lagoon, tucked in a valley of the Cotopaxi National Park at over 12,400 feet (3,800 meters) above sea level, forms part of Ecuador’s Avenue of the Volcanoes.
Head south from Quito and enjoy the constantly changing scenery along the Pan-American Highway, with unrivaled views of volcanic peaks including the majestic, snow-capped Cotopaxi.
Near the lagoon, there are hiking and bike trails as well as opportunities for horseback riding. The lagoon is home to at least 24 species of birds, including native waterfowl such as the rare Andean ibis, slow-swimming Andean ducks and coots and the endangered Andean condor. Mammals that roam the areas surrounding the lagoon include llamas, deer and rabbits.
All of this natural beauty is ideal for taking pictures, and a walk around the lake highlights different viewpoints.
Tours and Activities to Experience Limpiopungo Lagoon
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-Day Tour Cotopaxi National Park - All included from Quito
- Cotopaxi National Park Shared Day Trip
- Shared Cotopaxi National Park Tour from Quito
- Cotopaxi Full Day Tour - All included - Guided hike and National Park entrance
- Things to do in Mindo
- Things to do in Nueva Loja
- Things to do in Armenia
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Iquitos
- Things to do in Bogotá
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Medellín
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Osa Peninsula & Gulfo Dulce
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Central Pacific