Hoyo Azul Lagoon Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Don’t let the name fool you: Hoyo Azul Lagoon has more to offer than its simple moniker belies. This famous turquoise-water cenote (natural pool) in Punta Cana, whose unexpected existence at the base of a 200-foot (61-meter) cliff surprises and delights visitors, is one of the Dominican Republic’s top destinations for the swimming, ziplining, nature tours, and other activities based around it.
Hoyo Azul Lagoon is located in Scape Park, which itself is in Cap Cana Resort. To reach the cenote, take a guided hike through the park—learning about the native bromeliads, orchids, and ferns at endemic plant stations along the way—and reward yourself with a much-needed dip at the end. Zipline tours through Cap Cana Resort typically stop at Hoyo Azul, as well, and feature stunning views of the lush landscape, El Farallon cliff, and the Caribbean Sea. Those with an interest in nature can get a better understanding of the Cap Cana ecosystem on a full-day ecotour that combines suspension bridges, ziplines, and hiking with a trip to Hoyo Azul. Full-day tours from Punta Cana, including catamaran cruises and guided transportation, are also available for an easy day trip.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Cap Cana Resort offers a variety of tour packages that include a trip to Hoyo Azul Lagoon.
- Bring your own towel and spending cash for souvenirs and photos.
- Floating devices are available for those who cannot swim.
- Hoyo Azul Lagoon is not recommended for those with trouble walking on steep or uneven surfaces.
How to Get There
Cap Cana is located just 15 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport. Take an airport transfer, taxi, or shuttle from there for only a few dollars. Many tours of the area stop at Hoyo Azul Lagoon.
When to Get There
Budget travelers should head to Hoyo Azul during low season—from August to early December—for the best deals on accommodations and activities. Warm weather year-round means that swimming, hiking, and other outdoor activities are always an option.
Address: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Hoyo Azul Lagoon
No results found!
Things to do near Punta Cana
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Samaná
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Utuado
- Things to do in Isla Verde
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Cruz Bay
- Things to do in Philipsburg
- Things to do in Palm - Eagle Beach
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast