Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Set within the dramatic landscape of the Dominican Republic’s Los Haitises National Park, Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) lives up to its name by offering horseback riding, cave exploring, and rappelling. Fun Fun Cave shakes up your beach routine and provides the perfect adventure-packed day trip from Punta Cana fit for an active family.
Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) is composed of a system of tunnels that wind 65 feet (20 meters) below ground. After rappelling down into the cavern, you can see massive stalagmite and stalactite mounds, encounter the insects and animals that call the caves home, and swim in the cave’s underground rivers. Tour guides ensure your safety and lead you through the labyrinthine caverns to see the site’s relics of West Indian paintings and petroglyphs dating back hundreds of years, offering insight into the Dominican Republic’s early inhabitants. Simply accessing Fun Fun Cave is part of the adventure, as most tours hike or ride horseback through the beautiful scenery of Los Haitises National Park to reach the cave entrance.
Things to Know Before You Go
- A Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) tour is a must for adventure seekers visiting the Dominican Republic.
- You must be physically fit for this rugged, off-the-beaten-path adventure.
- A swimsuit is recommended.
- For the safest and most convenient excursion, look for tours that include all transportation and meals.
- One of the most adventurous activities available from Punta Cana, admission to Fun Fun Cave tends to sell out early. If you want to guarantee a chance to go on this unforgettable adventure, be sure to book a tour in advance.
How to Get There
Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) is located in the Dominican Republic’s remote northeast corner and is best accessed as part of a guided tour. It is roughly a 2.5-hour drive inland from Punta Cana.
When to Get There
Visiting Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun) from Punta Cana takes a full day, making it unsuitable for short shore excursions. Plan to visit when you have a few days in the Dominican Republic, which experiences a peak in tourism during July and August, and then again between December and March. It’s best to avoid the Caribbean’s hurricane season, August through October.
Address: Dominican Republic
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Fun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun)
No results found!
Things to do near Punta Cana
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Samaná
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Cruz Bay
- Things to do in Philipsburg
- Things to do in Oranjestad
- Things to do in Kralendijk
- Things to do in Willemstad
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast