Tres Puentes Wetland (Humedal Tres Puentes)
Outdoor-loving travelers and visitors in search of some of Chile's most prized birds love the natural wonder of Tres Puentes Wetland. More than 50 species of aquatic birds, including the Chiloe Wigeon and White-tufted grebe, reside in this epic stretch of land near the northern part of Punta Arenas. And while wandering the lush landscape armed with a camera and a bird book ranks high on travelers’ lists of favorite activities at Tres Puentes, wetland tours by bike are also a popular choice for visitors on the move.
Tres Puentes Wetland is located about four miles (seven kilometers) from the Punta Arenas Municipal Cemetery. It’s accessible via taxi, or active travelers can take a scenic walk along the nearby waterfront.
- Nao Victoria Museum (Museo Nao Victoria)
- Punta Arenas Municipal Cemetery
- Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum (Museo Salesian)
- Punta Arenas Cruise Port
- Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace)
- Plaza Muñoz Gamero
- Magdalena Island (Isla Magdalena)
- Penguin Colony of Otway Sound (Seno Otway)
- Strait of Magellan
- Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes)