Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum (Museo Salesian) Tours and Tickets
This 1,700-square-foot mecca of Patagonia heritage covers an entire history, culture and tradition in just four floors. Travelers can explore the well-organized galleries created by Salesian missionaries back in the late 1800s and learn about the rich ethnology, archaeology, wildlife and diversity of the region.
Visitors rave about the Cave of the Hands replica, which is displayed in a room dedicated to Southern Patagonia, and many applaud the museum’s honest handling of colonists, too. The Salesians made every effort to preserve artifacts from the Ona, Tehuelche, Alacalufe and Yamana people, while also explaining the impact of European colonists on local traditions and the role of pioneers in helping to create modern day Punta Arenas.
Tours and Activities to Experience Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum (Museo Salesian)
- Punta Arenas Municipal Cemetery
- Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace)
- Plaza Muñoz Gamero
- Punta Arenas Cruise Port
- Magdalena Island (Isla Magdalena)
- Tres Puentes Wetland (Humedal Tres Puentes)
- Nao Victoria Museum (Museo Nao Victoria)
- Penguin Colony of Otway Sound (Seno Otway)
- Strait of Magellan
- Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes)