La Aripuca Tours
Read MoreShow Less
This smallish ecological theme park just outside Puerto Iguazú offers insight into the history, traditions, and natural environment of the indigenous Guarani people, many of whom still speak their native tongue while living in equilibrium with nature. The site includes craft and produce shops, a restaurant, and a juice and ice cream bar.
Guided tours of the enormous, 5-story model of an aripuca, a Guarani live trap made from indigenous trees, take about an hour and give visitors a quick crash course in Guarani culture. Explore a re-created thatched-roof village to learn more about the government, economics, and religion of this indigenous group. Some city tours of Puerto Iguazú include a stop at La Aripuca, along with the scenic spot where the borders of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay meet.
Things to Know Before You Go
- This park is a must for families with young children and anyone curious about the Guarani people.
- Guided tours of La Aripuca typically last about an hour.
- Entrance fees can be paid in Brazilian reais, US dollars, or Argentine pesos.
How to Get There
The park is located 2.5 miles (4.5 kilometers) from central Puerto Iguazú, easily accessible via minibus or private taxi.
When to Get There
La Aripuca is open daily from 9am to 6pm, including weekends and holidays. Since some of the spaces are outdoors and exposed to the elements, it’s a good idea to visit in the morning on a day with no rain in the forecast.
What’s an Aripuca?
The site gets its name from its main structure, a large aripuca, or trap used for sustainable hunting. The structure was built from wooden logs from some 30 native tree species reclaimed from illegal trade or purchased from mills, so no new trees were cut in building the attraction.
Address: Ruta 12, Km 4.5, Puerto Iguazu, Misiones, Argentina
0 Tours and Activities to Experience La Aripuca
No results found!
Things to do near Puerto Iguazu
- Things to do in Foz do Iguacu
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Gramado
- Things to do in Porto Alegre
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano