Top Placencia Outdoor Activities
33 results | All Placencia Tours
* A traveler said: "Had a great time snorkleing saw may different fish, a turtle,and several nurse shark. The barbeque was a nice break in the day."
* A traveler said: "We had a blast riding the river rock slides down from the waterfall and hiking thru the jungle. Our guide was helpful, fun and provided a great experience... not to mention an amazing lunch!!"
* A traveler said: "wonderful experience, caring team. our tour was upgraded, we were able to go supping in addition to snorkeling."
* A traveler said: "We loved this tour of the Monkey River and surrounding jungle. The tour guide was a local native who was born and raised right at the mouth of the river. He shared a lot about of what we were seeing and was extremely knowledgeable about all the wildlife. He was very personable and shared plenty of stories about growing up on the river. We saw so much we would have missed without him to point it out... bats, hummingbird nests, crocodiles, iguanas and of course, the howler monkeys. We got out of the boat and he took us into the jungle where he narrated even more about their habitat. He was an expert at getting them to howl, quite an experience. My biggest caution, take plenty of bug spray and if possible, wear long pants and protective clothing! We used the repellent wipes and they don't work as well."
* A traveler said: "We had the best, action packed day on this tour! The tour guide was absolutely incredible. The ruins were absolutely amazing and the tour guide taught us so much about the ancient Mayan culture. We stopped for lunch at a great roadside restaurant with exceptional food, and the tour even included a beer in the price. Then we stopped to go ziplining, the guides for that were very good, great senses of humor and made us feel very safe. Very cool experience! Last was the cave tubing, a perfect way to cool off after the 1st 2 excursions. We were able to go for a swim in the incredibly clear water of the river before starting, absolutely beautiful. Then we floated through the cave and down the river for about an hour, learning about the cave, the jungle and local folklore (ask about the story of Tata Duende). We left Placencia village at 6:45am and didn't return until about 8pm, so definitely a long day but ABSOLUTELY worth it."
* A traveler said: "INCREDIBLE. More intense and physically challenging than I had anticipated. Be ready for some climbs, tight squeezes, balancing acts, hikes, and very cold water. It was an adventure me and my 12 year old daughter will remember forever. If you have the choice, request Eric as your guide. He was funny, patient, and will make it that much more memorable."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was awesome and entertaining with good knowledge to share. Will definitely use them again on the next trip.!"
* A traveler said: "It was an interesting experience for us. Where both of our guide and the driver were very nice, friendly and very accommodating."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks
- Snorkel and Island Experience at Laughing Bird Caye National Park
- Full Day Tour to ATM Caves from Placencia with Hotel Pick up
- Mayan Sacrifice Ritual Cave Experience at ATM Cave
- Xunantunich Mayan Ruin and Cave Tubing from Placencia
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands