Carnegie Science Center Tours and Activities
With four floors of interactive exhibits, the Carnegie Science Center is both a museum and research facility with a planetarium as well as educational live shows. Here you’ll find a zero-gravity simulator and the world’s largest permanent collection dedicated to robotics. The center also holds the city’s largest movie theater screen called the Omnimax, a dome screen more than four stories tall showing classic films that change every month.
Learn about Pittsburgh’s three rivers at the H20h! exhibit, or explore the USS Requin, a real submarine from the Cold War. Children can especially appreciate the Miniature Railroad and Village and Exploration Station built for preschoolers. The Exploration Station features classic science exhibits on sound, light, and magnetism.
Want to see what it’s like to be a doctor? Check out the hands-on exhibit that allows visitors to learn about the skills and tools surgeons utilize. How about an astronaut? There is also a unique, real-sized replica of the International Space Station that recreates the experience for those of us on Earth.
Tours and Activities to Experience Carnegie Science Center
Frequently Asked Questions
- JUST THE TOUR - An open top Double Decker Bus Sightseeing Tour of Pittsburgh.
- HOP ON-HOP OFF TOUR PASS- All Day Tour Pass
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Chicago
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New Jersey