La Spezia Cruise Port (La Spezia Terminal Crociere)
After docking at La Spezia, you can head out on a tour of the city itself and visit San Giorgio Castle, the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, and the Amedeo Lia Museum. However, most passengers opt for shore excursions to nearby Portovenere and the Cinque Terre by ferry, where you can hike through areas of Riomaggiore and Vernazza; trips to Tuscany to visit cities such as Lucca, Pisa, or Florence; and wine-tasting tours to Chianti.
Things to Know Before You Go
La Spezia Cruise Port offers proximity to eateries and other attractions.
Shore excursion tours include port pickup and drop-off so you don’t have to worry about missing your ship.
Most La Spezia shore excursions are full-day trips lasting about nine hours.
Opt for a private tour to customize your experience in port and choose the cities you’d like to visit.
How to Get to La Spezia From the La Spezia Cruise Port
La Spezia cruises dock at Molo Garibaldi, just 1.5 miles (2 kilometers) from the city center. Shuttle buses, taxis, and shore excursions with round-trip transportation are convenient ways to reach your destination after docking. The La Spezia Centrale railway station also offers trains to Pisa and the Cinque Terre a couple of times an hour, while ferries also run to Portovenere and the Cinque Terre.
The currency in Italy is the euro, and the official language is Italian. La Spezia is compact, so you should easily find free Wi-Fi, ATMs, and tourist information close to the terminal.
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Cinque Terre National Park (Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre)
- Monterosso al Mare
- Corso Italia
- Church of San Giorgio (Chiesa di San Giorgio)
- Portofino Marine Reserve (Area Marina Protetta di Portofino)
- Santa Margherita Ligure
- San Fruttuoso
- Monumental Cemetery of Staglieno
- Galata Maritime Museum (Galata Museo del Mare)