Promthep Cape (Laem Phromthep) Tours and Activities
Situated at Phuket’s most southerly point, Promthep Cape (or Laem Phromthep) is the rocky headland than juts out into the sea here, offering incredible views over the east and southeast of the island, particularly at sunset.
Promthep Cape is a popular spot with ample parking and a large open space on top of the hill from which to enjoy the views. There’s also an elephant shrine plus a lighthouse with historical maritime artifacts on display for those interested in the history of the area. If you go up to the viewing balcony of the lighthouse, you will be rewarded with some spectacular views of the surrounding islands – on a clear day, you can even make out the distinctive shapes of Koh Phi Phi, Koh Racha Yai, and Koh Racha Noi.
Every evening, tour buses and other vehicles arrive at Promthep Cape full of tourists and locals looking to catch the sunset. As a result, an inevitable series of stalls selling the usual tourist fare have been set up on the hill. After the rush at sunset, a sudden peace descends on the area, and those who like dining with a view can enjoy a peaceful dinner overlooking Nai Harn Beach at the Phromthep Cape Restaurant.
A trip up to Promthep Cape can be combined with visiting Phuket’s other viewpoints and attractions on a half-day Phuket city tour or a full-day island and city tour from Krabi. Those into their motorbikes will love exploring the island’s most scenic parts on a ‘big’ motorbike day trip.
Tours and Activities to Experience Promthep Cape (Laem Phromthep)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Amazing Phuket Island Guided Tour & Big Buddha (SHA Plus)
- Private Customized Phuket Tour with Driver
- Sun & Sunset Dinner Cruise - Combine the best of both worlds
- Private Tour: Amazing Phuket Island & Big Buddha Guided Tour (SHA Plus)
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand