Maho Beach can't boast that it's one of the most peaceful beaches in the world, but it certainly has a unique claim to fame, particularly if you're an aviation lover. This is because Maho Beach is located right next to an airport and the planes fly directly over the beach so low that you feel they might land on you.
Kids especially love watching the planes soar overhead multiple times throughout the day at Maho Beach, but even adults quickly get caught up in the wonder of seeing a large inflight plane so close up. Hang out by the fence on the edge of the beach closest to the airport and you'll even be able to feel the blast of the jets as a plane takes off – and probably some sand particles being swirled up around you. In addition to plane watching, Maho Beach is a fun place to swim and snorkel.
To make sure you don't miss out on seeing the big commercial planes land or take-off head over to Sunset Bar, which is located on Maho Beach and posts the flight schedule each day. You can also watch the planes from Sunset Bar while enjoying a drink and bite to eat.
Ways to experience Maho Beach
Browse. Filter. Book
What's the best way to experience Maho Beach ?
- Maho Beach Extreme Jet Blast
- 3-Hour Guided Jeep Tour Island Highlights and 1-Hour Relax by Beach
- Tropical Catamaran Snorkeling, Sailing And Beach Experience
- The Original Eco Tour Full-Day Around the Island of Sint Maarten
Things to do near Philipsburg
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in St John's
- Things to do in Cruz Bay
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Cap Estate
- Things to do in Rodney Bay
- Things to do in Castries
- Things to do in Punta Cana
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Samaná
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast