Longwood Gardens Tours and Activities
Located 30 miles outside of Philadelphia in the heart of Chester County, the epic estate of Longwood Gardens spans more than 1000 acres of well-groomed gardens and picturesque landscapes. Purchased by the du Pont family in 1906 in an effort to preserve local land and wildlife, Longwood Gardens eventually became one of the nation’s top horticultural attractions.
Travelers can explore the grounds of this idyllic Brandywine Valley institution and wander through highlights (inside and out) like the Italian Water Garden, the Birdhouse, Fern Passage, Cascade Garden and more. Mother Nature is on stunning display all year round, with seasonal highlights like the Spring Blooms, Fall Colors, Orchid Extravaganza, and the most popular Longwood Christmas. During the holiday season greenhouses and grounds are decked out in twinkling lights, making the gardens an even more incredible sight.
Visitors can take a guided tour of the grounds and make a day of exploring Longwood Gardens, or hire a private driver and check out some of the nearby attractions like the Brandywine Museum and the home of Andrew Wyeth.
Tours and Activities to Experience Longwood Gardens
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go Philadelphia Explorer Pass
- Go Philadelphia All-Inclusive Pass with Hop On Hop Off Tour
- Brandywine Valley Tour with Private Driver
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Illinois