Pinang Peranakan Mansion
There isn’t a great deal of written information to accompany the exhibits inside the house, so it's best to explore Pinang Peranakan Mansion as part of a tour. The mansion is a common feature of itineraries that focus on the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown—walking, cycling, and bus tours typically combine the enclave with other top Penang attractions such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, and Fort Cornwallis.
Things to know before you go
- There’s a small admission fee to enter the mansion; this fee is usually included on Penang tours.
- Within Pinang Peranakan Mansion, photography is prohibited.
- The mansion is not accessible to travelers using wheelchairs and strollers.
How to get there
If you’re taking public transport, jump aboard the 10 or 101 bus and disembark at the Hiap Tatt stop, from which the mansion is a 5–minute walk. The museum is also a 10-minute walk from the Clan Jetties.
When to get there
Pinang Peranakan Mansion is open daily, including public holidays, from morning until late afternoon. If you wish to take a guided tour of the building, advance booking is essential.
The Heritage Houses of Penang
The historic center of Penang has numerous heritage houses, all of which boast a distinctive design and history. If you’re a history buff, be sure to visit the electric-blue Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, where you can stay overnight; wander down Love Lane to see the facades of traditional shop fronts, and head inside the Penang State Museum for insight into the colonial center.
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Wonderfood Museum Penang
- Made in Penang Interactive Museum
- Penang State Museum and Art Gallery
- Fort Cornwallis
- Penang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)
- Khoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)
- Asia Camera Museum Penang
- Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)
- Upside Down Museum
- Little India
- Penang House of Music
- Chayamangkalaram Buddhist Temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)
- Penang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)