Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian) Tours and Activities
Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian) is a narrow street located within the Unesco World Heritage Site and Penang capital, George Town. Surrounded by Chinese temples and clan houses, the street itself is lined with old shophouses, art galleries, cafes, and some of the most fascinating street art on the island.
A stroll along Penang's Armenian Street reveals countless shops selling everything from furniture and antiques to crafts and other souvenirs. There’s also a choice of quaint little cafes in which to stop for a coffee and take a break from the daytime heat. In addition, you’ll see an abundance of street art adorning the buildings here, with the most famous, Kids on Bicycle by Ernest Zacharevic, featuring a bike affixed to the wall with two children riding it. This mural attracts huge attention from tourists taking turns to have their photograph taken with it.
If you’re visiting Armenian Street on a Saturday evening, you’ll stumble across the Armenian Street Fair, where you’ll find stalls selling local arts and crafts as well as various music and dance performances.
Armenian Street is part of the itinerary on a Penang George Town heritage tour, which also includes a visit to the impressive Kapitan Keling Mosque nearby, a trip to Pinang Peranakan Mansion, plus a tour around Little India.
Tours and tickets to Experience Penang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)
Frequently Asked Questions
- 3-Hour Heritage on a Plate Dinner Hop in George Town Penang
- Penang Night Tour with The TOP Admission Tickets & Trishaw Ride
- Penang's Night Ate-Venture Vespa Food Tour by Vespalicious
- 3-Hour Heritage on a Plate Lunch Hop in George Town Penang
Things to do near Penang
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast