Kourouta Beach Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Golden sands meet the Ionian Sea at Kourouta Beach, which stretches for almost 10 miles (16 kilometers) along the coast of the Peloponnese. With clean shallow waters, the beach is well-suited to swimming and water sports.
Kourouta Beach is a Blue Flag beach, meaning that its safe, clean, and environmentally sound. The beach’s attractive setting and abundant amenities make it a favorite stop-off among cruise passengers disembarking at nearby Katakolon. Many shore excursions from Katakolon combine a visit to the beach with a trip to Olympia, where the first Olympic Games were held. Some tours combine a trip to Kourouta Beach with a visit to a winery, where you’ll sample Peloponnese wines.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Kourouta Beach is a must for visitors looking for a quieter and more spacious alternative to Reneta Beach, the small pebbly beach beside Katakolon’s port.
- Sunbeds and parasols can be rented at the beach; in some cases, they are free with purchase of food or drink.
- Several tavernas, bars, and cafés are situated at the beach edge.
How to Get There
Kourouta Beach is situated in the western Peloponnese, not far from the town of Amaliada. Driving from Katakolon takes about 30 minutes, and plenty of parking is available. If you’re not driving, it’s best to go as part of a tour as public transport options are limited.
When to Get There
The best time to visit Kourouta Beach is between May and October, when the weather is sunny and the water is warm enough for swimming. The beach attracts crowds during high season so for a more peaceful experience, come in the early morning or late afternoon when it’s less busy.
What Else to See Near Kourouta Beach
If you want to combine a beach trip with some sightseeing, there are several historic attractions near Kourouta Beach. Just a 15-minute drive from the beach is the Byzantine Fragkavilis Monastery, while the Archaeological Museum of Ancient Elis is just a 30-minute drive away. The Peloponnese’s most famous archaeological site—that of ancient Olympia—is around a 1-hour drive from the beach.
Address: Peloponnese, Greece
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Kourouta Beach
No results found!
- Things to do in Kalamata
- Things to do in Corinth
- Things to do in Ionian Islands
- Things to do in Cyclades Islands
- Things to do in Macedonia
- Things to do in Katakolo
- Things to do in Athens
- Things to do in Cephalonia
- Things to do in Lefkada
- Things to do in Volos
- Things to do in Crete
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Puglia
- Things to do in Western Anatolia