Pattaya Floating Market Tours
At the Pattaya Floating Market, traditional thatched huts perched on stilts over the water house vendors selling handicrafts, Thai street food, and souvenirs from around the country. The market’s four areas represent the culture and architecture of Thailand’s four main regions: north, northeast, central, and south.
Since opening in 2008, the Pattaya Floating Market has quickly become one of Pattaya’s most popular attractions—and it offers more than just shopping and dining. Thrill seekers will find a zipline and floating water ball, while travelers interested in Thai culture can watch afternoon shows and demos of traditional Thai dancing and not-so-traditional sea boxing. Book your admission ticket in advance to skip the entry line.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Pattaya Floating Market is a must for shopping enthusiasts, foodies, and first-time visitors to Pattaya.
- If you plan to shop, carry some Thai baht in small denominations.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the Pattaya Floating Market is by taxi or tour transport. Alternatively, take a white songthaew heading southbound on Sukhumvit highway.
When to Get There
The market is typically open daily. Go in the afternoon if you want to see the cultural performances.
What to Eat at the Pattaya Floating Market
The food is a highlight of any visit to the floating market, and while just about everything is tasty, some dishes stand out from the rest. Keep an eye out for kanom jeen (rice vermicelli), kanom krok (coconut pancake), and thong yip (sweet egg yolk). Those with less adventurous appetites can’t go wrong with pad thai (stir-fried rice noodles) or a creamy Thai curry.
18 Tours and Activities to Experience Pattaya Floating Market
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Pattaya
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Battambang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast