Top Paro Camping
Saved to wishlist!
3 results | All Paro Tours
This tour has as much focus on cultural sites as it does on natural wonders, but with plenty of hiking thrown into the mix. By walking to some of the country’s most spectacular monasteries, we endeavor to help you gain an insight into Bhutan’s Buddhist culture in the most profound way possible. During the week, we cover the three valleys of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro, all varied in terms of ecosystems and landscapes. One of the highlights of this walking holiday is our trek to Bumdra Monastery where we camp overnight in the Himalayan wilderness way up in the clouds, our final destination being the iconic Taktsang Goemba or Tiger’s Nest Monastery. We hike along ancient mountain paths, following in the footsteps of pilgrims going back over the centuries, but where today’s tourists hardly ever go. All of your camping equipment will be provided for the overnight adventure, and we will also provide a camp dinner, breakfast and two lunches.
The Bum Dra trek is one of the most beautiful short duration trek in Bhutan with only one night camping in the wild. But the scenery and landscape may well be worth compared to all of the other treks and also in terms of the adventure and the experience that goes along as you hike up. Also called the ‘The Trek of the Thousand Dakinis’ (celestial female beings) you can even explore the numerous sacred and holy caves where the angels had convened. You can also get a spectacular view of the Taktsang Monastery from the top which you will not see from the usual tourist route.
The Sagala 360 Degree View Trek also called the Haa Rice Planters’ Trail as in the ancient times, was the trail that the rice planters of Haa valley used to travel to Paro valley to help the people of Paro plant and harvest rice. Haa valley is not much visited by tourists (having only been recently introduced into the coffers of tourism), and particularly the Sagala Trek is a beautiful 3 day hike through a mountain trail dividing the Haa and Paro valley. Soak in the panoramic picturesque view of the Haa Valley and the three sacred hills of Haa. Walk through peaceful and quaint villages (comprising of around 8 households) and stop over at a yak herder’s camp and interact with them. One of the main highlight of the trek is the absolutely gorgeous 360 degree view from the Pass, with the Mount Jhomolhari, Mount Drageygang, Drugyal Dzong and the Taktsang Monastery on one side and Haa valley on the other.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Camping in Paro?
The best Camping in Paro according to Viator travelers are:
What Camping in Paro are taking additional safety precautions?
What Camping in Paro are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Paro may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Thimphu
- Things to do in Lhasa
- Things to do in Kathmandu
- Things to do in Dhaka
- Things to do in Pokhara
- Things to do in Kolkata
- Things to do in Varanasi
- Things to do in Bhubaneswar
- Things to do in Mandalay
- Things to do in West Bengal
- Things to do in Tibet
- Things to do in Odisha
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets