Salvador Dali made surrealism a household name, creating beautifully bizarre, symbolic masterpieces that have enthralled generations of art lovers. More than 300 of his finest sculptures and graphic art pieces are showcased at Espace Dali, the largest collection of the artist’s work in all of France.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for art lovers of all ages.xa0
- Admission tickets are about $12 for adults and about $5 for children; entrance fees cover the museum's neighbor, Galerie Montmartre, which features works by contemporary artists.
- Wear comfortable shoes since Paris is one of the most walkable cities in the world.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Espace Dalí is on Rue Poulbot in Montmartre. The most scenic way to reach the gallery is to take the Metro (line 12) to Abbesses or Lamarck-Caulaincourt, then hop on the funicular that passes through Place Pigalle tand Sacred Heart Basilica (Sacre Coeur). Those with mobility issues will want to take the elevator from the Abbesses Metro stop rather than the steep stairwell. By foot, follow the direction “Place du Tertre”.
When to Get There
Espace Dalí is open Monday - Sunday, 10:00am – 6:00pm. Come early to avoid the crowds. Paris sees the most pleasant weather from late spring through early fall, May through September. Deals on hotels may be found during the winter and early spring months. Festivals abound year-round; highlights include Bastille Day in July, and the springtime jazz and blues festival, Banlieues Bleues, and the summertime city-wide music festival, Paris, Quartier d’Été.
Visit Sacre-Coeur While in Montmartre, don’t miss a visit to this stunning basilica sitting atop the highest hill. The second highest point in Paris after the Eiffel Tower, the church is a lovely place from which to view the entire city. Both the exterior and interior are in the grand style of Romano Byzantine architecture, and take inspiration from Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais