Au Lapin Agile
One of Paris’s most beloved cabarets, Au Lapin Agile has been delighting audiences in Montmartre for decades. The title translates to “The Nimble Rabbit” from French, originating from a painting of a rabbit jumping out of a hot frying pan. The small theater was once a hotspot for bohemian Parisian artists such as Picasso, Modigliani, Toulouse-Latrec, and Utrillo. Picasso helped to make the space famous with his 1905 painting of “At the Lapin Agile.”
The iconic pink cottage cabaret drew in some of Paris’s most eccentric characters, many of which carved their names into the original wooden tables that still remain today. Having opened in 1860, the Paris institution has long been a source of evening revelry, good food and drink, and French song and dance performance. It continues to be an authentic venue for all three today.
Tours and tickets to Experience Au Lapin Agile
Should I book Au Lapin Agile tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Au Lapin Agile 2021?
What's the best way to experience Au Lapin Agile?
- Virtual tour: Paris Live! Explore Montmartre, the Artists' Quarter
- Montmartre & Sacre Coeur Interior Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour
- Montmartre and Moulin Rouge and Sacré Coeur Walking Tour
- Paris Hidden Montmartre Small-Group Walking Tour
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy