* A traveler said: "A great tour with an attentive guide. A must do tour in Paraty"
* A traveler said: "Michael was a great guide, very knowledgeable about the area and Paraty history. He geared the tour to our ability so we kayaked non-stop. His equipment was top notch, not the sit on top, plastic sea kayaks. We would highly recommend this tour!!"
* A traveler said: "Jorge and Rodrigo were incredible people. They have completely changed our conception of what food is. This experience is not about finding food as we know it in the forest but rather traveling back in time rediscovering the lost knowledge of what forest can provide. To fully enjoy this experience you’ll need to keep an open mind because during the walk you will be discovering things that are edible and consume them. The experience will vary depending on what you happen to find in the forest. There might be a tour or two on the same day so in this case the early birds definitely get the worms. If you have the chance, ask Jorge for restaurant recommendations. He consults with chefs from Paraty and that can definitely enhances your gastronomic experience!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Felipe was superb. His enthusiasm for nature is infectious. We have been on previous rainforest adventures but Felipe was the tops. Felipe has total command of the English language and his knowledge of the local history, plant life and animal life was exceptional. He used his keen senses to look for birds and his cellphone bird long app to draw them to closer viewing distance. If you do this tour I would recommend asking for Felipe. This tour was simply amazing. Dennis Anderson & group. Should anyone have any doubts feel free to personally reach out to me at email@example.com."
* A traveler said: "Driver was very nice and communication before the trip was excellent. He also organised a tour for us in Paraty the following day. Would recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Great city tour and good guide. The cobblestone streets aren't easy to walk on though, so be careful!"
* A traveler said: "This class changed my view of what it means to paint. Like most of you, my experiences with painting were in art classes in school but this experience wasn’t anything like that. When I took the class, it consisted of 3 exploratory phases: brush “attack” (strokes), composition and colors. The exercises were open ended and I found myself playing around with paint and brushes the way I never could in traditional classes. Maria and her husband were great instructors, patience and non-judgmental so I didn’t feel self-conscious experimenting. They also pointed out something in the way I expressed myself in my paintings, which was opposite of my self-perceptions so I think I discovered a different side of myself through this experience. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something outside of the typical Paraty experience."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was amazing. He is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese. He knew a lot about the city. I highly recommend him."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Benedict
- Paraty Bay
- Cachoeira Toboga
- Caixa d’Aco Beach
- Fora Beach (Praia dos Ranchos)
- Murycana Farm (Fazenda Murycana)
- Long Island (Ilha Comprida)
- First Church of Our Lady of the Remedies
- Paraty Historic Center (Centro Historico Paraty)
- Paraty House of Culture (Casa da Cultura)
- Serra da Bocaina National Park
- Gold Path (Caminho do Ouro)
- Trindade Beach (Praia da Trindade)
- Sono Beach