Entrance to Adonis Baths includes access to the freshwater pool, a decking area for lounging in the sun, and several rope swings, as well as a small on-site museum set in an old watermill. The baths are often visited as part of all-terrain vehicle tours that tour the rugged countryside around Paphos, including the Akamas Peninsula.
Things to know before you go
- The Adonis Baths are an excellent place to cool down on a hot day.
- Bring cash to pay the entrance fee.
- There are restrooms, a snack bar, and changing facilities at the site.
- The road to the baths is steep, rough, and unpaved. It’s best tackled by a four-wheel drive or ATV.
How to get there
The baths are situated near Koili village, about a 30-minute drive from Paphos. If you don’t have access to a four-wheel drive it’s best to go as part of an organized tour that includes transport.
When to get there
The waters at the pool are cool and refreshing so it’s best to go in summer, when temperatures are high. The baths are relatively small and can become busy; visit in the morning or mid-afternoon to avoid crowds.
The Baths of Aphrodite
Travelers with a keen interest in Greek mythology may also want to pay a visit to the Baths of Aphrodite, a secluded cave on the Akamas Peninsula. As with Adonis Baths, it’s believed the goddess of love bathed here, and often brought her lovers here too. The Baths of Aphrodite are not open to swimmers although there are some pretty walking trails around the surrounding gardens.
- Things to do in Limassol
- Things to do in Nicosia
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Ayia Napa
- Things to do in Protaras
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Beirut
- Things to do in Fethiye
- Things to do in Tel Aviv
- Things to do in Jerusalem
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Famagusta District
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in West Bank
- Agios Neophytos Monastery
- Pafos Zoo
- Tombs of the Kings
- Fabrica Hill
- Yeroskipou (Geroskipou)
- Paphos Archaeological Park
- St Paul’s Pillar
- Panagia Chrysopolitissa Church (Agia Kyriaki Chrysopolitissa)
- House of Dionysos
- Super Aphrodite Waterpark
- Lara Bay Turtle Conservation Station
- Rock of Aphrodite (Petra tou Romiou)