Oslo City Hall (Radhuset) Tours and Activities
Home to the Oslo City Council and numerous galleries and studios, the Oslo City Hall (or Rådhuset) showcases the city’s political and cultural sides. It is widely considered one of Oslo’s architectural gems, winning the 2005 vote for Oslo’s "Structure of the Century."
Planning for City Hall began in 1915 and served a dual purpose: not only establishing an Oslo City Hall, but also replacing the old Oslo harbor slums. The building exemplifies a changing mentality in Norwegian architecture at the time, combining native romanticism, functionalism, and classicism.
Once inside, the building contains the Festival Gallery, complete with a stunning view of the harbor side, the East Gallery, with Petr Krohg’s stunning mid 20th century frescoes, “The town and its surroundings,” Banquet Hall, and Central Hall, with a mural of Oslo’s patron saint, St. Hallvard.
Oslo City Hall is located on Pipervika in central Oslo, close to many of the city’s other important landmarks, including the Royal Palace, Karl Johan’s gate, the Oslo Cathedral, Nobel Peace Center, and the Ibsen Museum.
You will not have a hard time finding it, minutes away by public transportation on either the metro to Nationaltheatret or Stortinget, or by the 12 tram that surfs along the harbor.
38 Tours and Activities to Experience Oslo City Hall (Radhuset)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Small-Group Oslo Bike Tour: City Highlights
- City Sightseeing Oslo Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- The Scenic Roadtrip - Oslo to Bergen via the fjords by private van
- Oslo City Highlights Walking Tour
Things to do near Oslo
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Streymoy
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany