Osaka Museum of History
Work your way through centuries of the past at the Osaka Museum of History, opened in 2003. Located just across from the Osaka Castle, head to the top floor to see great views of the castle.
Exhibits chronicle Osaka's history, beginning in ancient times when Osaka served as Japan's first capital and site of the Naniwa Palace and ending with exhibits on the city's bustling shopping arcades of the early Showa Period.
Designed from top to bottom, visitors start on the 10th floor and work their way down to the 7th, passing through galleries which focus on the Age of the Naniwa Palace, the Age of the Hongan-ji Temple, and the Age of Greater Osaka. Archaeological remains are displayed in the building’s basement.
Take the Highlights Course if you’re short of time, or follow a more leisurely and detailed route with the Complete Course.
What are Osaka Museum of History hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Osaka Museum of History?
- Private Tour - A Tour to Explore the Symbol of Osaka: Osaka Castle
- One Day Tour : Making Fun Memories in North Osaka
- Osaka Castle & Dotonbori Lively One Day Tour
- Private Tour - 1,400 years of History! A Tour of Famous Places in Osaka
Things to do near Osaka
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Nara
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Takamatsu
- Things to do in Kanazawa
- Things to do in Imabari
- Things to do in Hiroshima
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Nara Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Kagawa Prefecture