* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and was a great speaker. She kept us engaged. We were very accommodated in that we received way more on the tour than expected. She also took care to do tour in both English and Spanish, and picked us up/dropped us off at our desired location. I am in great awe of Monte Alban and Oaxaca. Book this tour!"
* A traveler said: "It was ALL FABULOUS! OUR guide, "Betsy" was energetic, very knowledgeable and her passion for her city is contagious! Breakfast at the puesta was one favorite, the market, and she was VERY patient helpful at the chocolate store."
* A traveler said: "We were guided by Filomeno to Mitla, the Sunday market at Tlocoluca, and an on-site weaving demonstration at a family business making carpets. Our tour was taken over at Mitla by a gentleman acquainted with Filomeno named Eduardo (I think?.....eek!), whose enthusiasm for and willingness to educate about the pre-Spanish cultures of the Oaxaca Valley were fascinating and exciting. We loved every moment of our stay at Mitla and had it not been so hot (and I so sunburned), we'd have happily stayed several more hours. Filomeno took us to the Sunday market, which was both different from and similar to others I've been to in Mexico (most notably outside of Guadalajara at Tonala). Filomeno helped me identify hand-sewn, locally made items so that I could make educated purchases and graciously answered our countless questions. At the carpet weaving business, we learned a lot more about human and organic chemistry than I expected, and was delighted with the lovely carpet I expect any day now that I'm home. Filomeno's RAV4 was comfortable and the trip was perfect. It was a very memorable day and I can't recommend Oaxaca Conmigo strongly enough. An utter delight and one I will repeat next time I visit!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was expertly run, gracious, and very informative. Our archeologist guide, Antonio, was very knowledgeable, and shared his wealth of history & stories with us! Bus was comfy. Buffet lunch was yummy - get the mole!"
* A traveler said: "I took the class with my wife and we both enjoy the full experience. Oscar is a great chef and host I fully recommend this experience to anyone visiting Oaxaca."
* A traveler said: "Great attention with nice attention since the beginning...it was lovely !!! Jaziel is a great guy he take care.of all of us all the time"
* A traveler said: "Angel was a great guide, and did a wonderful job leading the English language group members. His knowledge of the site was impressive! He kept things moving along, so we still had a full hour to explore the site on out own!"
* A traveler said: "Friendly driver- very knowledgeable about the area. Waiting for us right outside of airport exit with sign."
* A traveler said: "This is a great family tour. My parents, my adult kids, my sister as well as my 11 year old niece did this all day tour. There is something for everyone. Our guide, Jaime was wonderful. He is very knowledgeable and charismatic. We had an incredible time!!"
* A traveler said: "The guide at Mitla was full of knowledge and passion. The mezcal salesman was not pushy and aswered all questions. The family,of weavers was very pleasant.The,tour was in english and spanish. Tule was,closed."
* A traveler said: "Enjoyable from start to end! Guide, Jessie, was knowledgeable and charming. She shared so much history of art in Oaxaca and about the culture here. She provided a snack, great bikes, and we all had a wonderful time! Book this one! 💜"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful experience filled with heart-warming hosts, tropical surroundings, and majestic crocs, iguanas and birds of paradise. I look forward to an extended visit."
* A traveler said: "Elizabeth was awesome! With her guidance, we ate crickets, ants, ground spiced worms, and more. Do this on your first day in the area and you’ll be happy. Great introduction to Oaxacan cuisine and culture, and all super easy (no bus/van rides, tourist traps, etc)."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, staff was fantastic, captain explain all wonderful very helpful. We had a great time amazing places we visited. Thank you Lamberto for making our tour memorable!"
* A traveler said: "This ia a very good trip. Lots to see and remember. Due to the COVID-19, some of the Placer remain closes as May 2021. I hope we can return to some kind of normalcy soon."
* A traveler said: "Viator operator was waiting with sign outside the airport. He was exceptional and very friendly. Would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Gabriel was a great guide. This was a good balance of activities! Monte Alban is impressive and seeing the artisans was a good stop also"
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent afternoon with Alex!! This tour is well worth it if you want to see true Mexican food"
* A traveler said: "One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen! Our Captain was very knowledgeable & respectful about the ocean. Also got the opportunity to swim & snorkel in the sea and a interesting way to meet other travelers."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Playa La Entrega (La Entrega Bay)
- Mexican Turtle Center (Centro Mexicano de la Tortuga)
- Órgano Bay (Bahía Órgano)
- Abastos Market (Central de Abastos)
- Tangolunda Bay (Bahía Tangolunda)
- Benito Juarez Market (Mercado Benito Juarez)
- Chachacual Bay
- Oaxaca Culture Museum (Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca)
- San Agustin Bay (Bahía San Agustín)
- Maguey Bay (Bahía Maguey)
- Tule Tree (Arbol del Tule)
- Tlacolula Market (Mercado Tlacolula)
- Tamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)
- Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden (Jardín Etnobotánico de Oaxaca)
- San Antonio Arrazola
- San Bartolo Coyotepec
- Copalita River (Río Copalita)
- Hierve el Agua
- Teotitlán del Valle
- Monte Albán
- Santa Cruz Bay (Bahía Santa Cruz)
- Huatulco National Park (Parque Nacional Huatulco)
- Benito Juárez Home (Casa de Benito Juárez)
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific