Top Northwest China Outdoor Activities
172 results | All Northwest China Tours
* A traveler said: "Perfect organization,perfect hotels, perfect tour guides, perfect new friendships.We recommended this tour 1000."
* A traveler said: "Bruce was an excellent driver, had great English, a beautiful/ clean car and truly made the trip extremely enjoyable! I recommend Bruce if you want to go anyway in Xi’an! He knows it very well. We had a lovely time at Mt. Hua and the Terracotta warriors."
* A traveler said: "It was a very rigorous hike but worth every excruciating moment. I would recommend any traveler to the Shaanxi region to visit this amazing place. One thing I will say is that I expected a more guided tour but walking the mountain solo allowed me to meet some great people and even created a friendship that will last far beyond the hike. Be prepared to walk atleast 10 kilometers if you want to see all the main peaks. I didn't even get the chance to view the middle peak so to view all the peaks must be atleast a 12-13 kilometer hike so be prepared for this. I wasn't physically prepared so my calves are still burning but it was worth it. Also definitely place a lock on the mountain where no one else has placed one because it gives a sense of connection to the mountain."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day with our tour guide Faye. She was knowledgeable and guided us through the warriors and gave us tips on how to manage the crowd. Faye helped us order popular local dishes at the restaurant which was delicious and then she organized our biking on the wall around Xian. After a full day we were delivered back to our hotel."
* A traveler said: "Beautiful mountains.. guide was very knowledgeable. I enjoyed the tour!"
* A traveler said: "We took this tour thinking we’d be on a crowded bus and in a lot of crowds, but were pleasantly surprised that the tour was actually in a park van, and we got off at platforms in the park that only 100 visitors can visit per day, after which we joined the crowds for the regular platforms. Our tour guide was super knowledgeable and his English was fantastic. We were picked up directly from the train station and dropped back off at our hotel! 10/10 would recommend."
* A traveler said: "A wonderful all-day tour that combined Buddhist history with an experience of the two mountain ranges that flank Zhangye and create the Silk Road Hexi-corridor, interspersed by lunch at a local agricultural village restaurant. We were driven from site to site in a comfortable six seat car by a very knowledgable local chap while Steven, our guide, enlightened us with his treasure-trove of information about the Zhangye area and history. First we visited the 1500 year old Tibetan Buddhist Horse Hoof Temple Grottoes carved into the towering Qilian (sky) mountains and then the Zhangye Danxia landform or Rainbow Mountains. We had great fun scrambling up stairs and ducking through ancient passageways en route to various caves - all of which played host to ornate Buddha statues and shrines. Steven provided this private tour of the Temple’s grottoes with expert commentary on the finer details of the caves together with a wider explanation of the culture that created them. At the local restaurant we had tasty Cuo Yuzi noodles, a local Zhangye speciality, with well cooked quality fresh dishes of a diverse range, from meat to vegetarian-friendly and with spicy and milder dishes being available. The Rainbow Mountains were the other side of Zhangye and on arrival required a transfer to a national park hop on hop off coach that stopped at four points to allow us to walk up to the platforms where we had spectacular views of the uniquely coloured rock formations. A really worthwhile day, we whole-heartedly recommend Stephen and Silk Road Angel Tours."
* A traveler said: "Lola was a very helpful and informative guide. I was also contacted by Stefanie the owner of the Tour company prior to arriving in Xian which gave me peace of mind."
Frequently Asked Questions
- 8-Day Small-Group China Tour to Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, No Shopping
- Customized Day Tour to Terracotta Army and Other Sites
- Private Day Trip to Mount Hua from Xi'an with English Driver Guide
- Customized Day Tour to Terracotta Army and Horses Museum
- Private One Day Xi'an Terracotta Warrior Tour from Beijing by Air
- Banpo Village
- Shaanxi History Museum
- Shaolin Temple (Shaolin Monastery)
- Guangren Temple
- Longmen Grottoes (Longmen Caves)
- Xian Museum & Small Wild Goose Pagoda (Xiaoyanta)
- Drum Tower (Gulou)
- Shuyuanmen Pedestrian Street
- Louguantai National Forest Park
- Tomb of Emperor Jing Di (Hanyangling)
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor (Qin Shi Huang Tomb)
- Bell and Drum Tower Square
- Muslim Quarter
- Huaqing Palace
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Lanzhou
- Things to do in Xining
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Zhangye
- Things to do in Yinchuan
- Things to do in Luoyang
- Things to do in Western China
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Northern China
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Okinawa