Top Northern China Layover Tours
416 results | All Northern China Tours
* A traveler said: "Kevin the guide was very disposable and avaliable to basically everything that we need to know including where to catch the cable car, toboggan, the best restaurant around with local food and how to manage the mutanyu section in the best time. Great experience !"
* A traveler said: "It was a great trip. I requested an early pick up from my hotel and our driver was there on time with assorted fruits and refreshments. Our driver took pictures for us and guided us throughout. Highly recommended if you have a layover and want to see the Great Wall."
* A traveler said: "Jimmy was awesome! His english is very good and he offered some great history regarding the Wall in general and the specific section we went to. I would happily use Jimmy again for any tour in Beijing. We only had an 11 hour layover and this was a great option."
* A traveler said: "Whole trip was organized very well. The driver speaks english and is very helpful. They were waiting for us till we recieved the visa, gave us useful instruction. I highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "I’m a solo traveler and ended up having an amazing experience with Jade! The second she picked me up, I told her I lost my suitcase up at immigration and she took me to the lost and found where she told the people at the desk in Chinese what happened. It wasn’t there, so we went to the Great Wall and when we got back it was there! Thanks to her translation, I got all of my makeup and clothes for my trip 🙏🏼 On top of that, when we saw the Great Wall, she gave me all the insider tips and what the best things to do were. She took a ton of pictures of me with my Sony camera and actually did an amazing job, I posted so many (Coming from a professional photographer POV)!! After I was done sightseeing, we took the slide down the mountain and she took me to her favorite place to eat! At the Great Wall there’s a lot of choices, but she actually said she market next to subway has cheap Chinese food and it was really good! Her friend Lisa, another tour guide, joined us for lunch and as I waited for my food to come, Lisa kept piling her own food onto my plate 😂 they were so hospitable and I loved every moment with them! Thank you so much for an unforgettable experience!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great day! I was interested in this kind of tour as we had a 13 hour layover and knew this would be the easiest way to see the most! Linda's driver met us inside the airport and took us to meet Linda. She was great!! The most convenient door to door tour! Highly recommend if you are looking for a day trip from the airport."
* A traveler said: "William was an awesome tour guide, spoke great English, and helped me learn about the history and culture of China"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour with a very friendly driver. Everything went well with absolutely no confusion at all! Would recommend this tour to anyone looking to kill some time while in the Beijing airport for an extended period of time."
* A traveler said: "As I had just half a day, it was great to find a short tour with a flexible pick-up time. From the start, the company made sure I had all the necessary details about what to bring and where to meet. I wasn't looking for a guide, just someone who would take me up and back with a few tidbits of information and help sorting out tickets. David, the driver, was terrific- very cheerful and knowledgeable- and had me back to the hotel in time for dinner, such was his knowledge of Beijing back streets. As for the Wall- I'll be back, and next time with more hours to explore. Excellent all round!"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful time at Huanghuacheng Great Wall. The section we went to not open to the public, so we were experience the real Great Wall like back into the past. Laura, our guide, was very helpful. She explained the history and helped us took the photos. Thank you very much, Laura. And also thank you to Xiaowei, who we contact and manage everything for us."
* A traveler said: "Extremely happy we booked this tour, Lisa was exceptional in every way. Our driver was great , we enjoyed our visit and hope to return in the near future. Amazing photos thanks to Lisa."
* A traveler said: "Tony our driver was on time and the car was a red flag car so luxurious. He was very helpful in all aspects of the trip"
* A traveler said: "We arrived earlier than planned and the driver was already waiting. He was very polite and helped us all the way throughout the day."
* A traveler said: "First of all, if you ever have a chance to visit the Great Wall, DO IT. The views are stunning, and if you go during the cooler season you’ll have fewer people blocking that perfect shot (but there are plenty to go around). Also, you can take a chair lift to the one of the main watchtower points and hike around from there (I chose that route because I was sick—more on that below), and you can TOBOGGAN TO THE BOTTOM. I can’t say anything more than just...do it!My tour guide, Mei, was easy to connect with once I cleared immigration. She’s very personable, VERY knowledgeable, and I learned a ton of history about the Great Wall on the drive there. She also accompanied me for part of the trek on the wall itself, and since I was a solo traveler she also became my personal photographer. And she’s great at it! But more than that, she and the driver, Mr. Fu, were just very kind and caring people. About halfway to the Wall I was suddenly very very sick, and they stopped by the side of the road and took care of me until I could continue with the tour, no questions asked. And after the tour was over, I forgot my sweater in the car, so they made the 30 minute trip back to the airport to deliver it to me before my next flight. They really went above and beyond to make my experience an exceptional one.If you have time to do shopping or eat off-site they have places they recommend. I opted out because I still wasn’t feeling well and wanted to rest before my next flight, but I’m sure it would have been delicious. Maybe next time!Anyways, I highly recommend this tour to anyone with some extra layover time in Beijing! It’s a bit expensive if you’re a solo traveler, but well worth the ease of use and safety. A great experience that I would definitely do again!"
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed our private tour with our excellent guide, Jimmy. He had a really good sense of humor and was very fluent in English. This tour was worth the additional $$ because it was based on our own pace and what we wanted to do or see. Really loved the fresh noodles for lunch also."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Mutianyu Great Wall Trip with English-Speaking Driver
- Private Mutianyu Great Wall Trip With Speaking-English Driver
- 4-5 Hour Beijing Layover Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall
- Mutianyu Great Wall Private Day Tour with English Driver
- Beijing Private Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall by English Speaking Driver with Layover Option
- Mutianyu Great Wall Private Day Tour with English Driver
- Beijing Layover Small Group Tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City (9AM-5PM)
- Private Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and Forbidden City
- Beijing Layover Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall with English Speaking Guide
- Beijing Private Layover Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall
- CCTV Headquarters
- Shuanglin Temple
- National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA)
- 798 Art District
- Dule Temple (Temple of Solitary Joy)
- Lama Temple (Yonghegong)
- Dongyue Temple
- Back Lake (Houhai)
- China Aviation Museum (Datangshan Museum)
- Tiananmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace)
- Imperial Garden of the Palace Museum
- Liyuan Theatre
- Rishengchang Exchange
- Chaoyang Theatre
- Marco Polo Bridge (Lugou Qiao)
- Longqingxia Ravine
- Yandai Byway (Yandai Xiejie)
- Huanghuacheng Great Wall
- Donghuamen Night Market
- Chairman Mao Memorial Hall (Maozhuxi Jinian Tang)
- Things to do in Beijing
- Things to do in Tianjin
- Things to do in Shenyang
- Things to do in Datong
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Harbin
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Jinan
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam