Amid the rolling glens of Scotland’s premier whisky region, Speyside in the Cairngorms National Park, The Glenlivet Distillery opened in 1824 and is considered as the granddaddy of all single malts. Distilled in unique lantern-shaped copper stills and matured in the obligatory oak casks for at least 12 years, The Glenlivet has a fruity, smooth flavor thanks to using Scottish barley and spring water from the local Josie's Well. Now owned by French company Pernod Ricard, it is one of the largest distilleries on Speyside and the biggest selling whisky in the USA, producing nearly six million liters of single malt each year while still maintaining many traditional production methods, all be it on an industrial scale. Unlike most of the smaller Speyside distilleries, bottling does not take place onsite but it has an award-winning visitor center with an exhibition showcasing the development of the brand as well as a café selling whisky-drenched cakes.
One of the major highlights of the self-driven Malt Whisky Trail through Speyside, The Glenlivet Distillery is open for guided tours and tutored tastings of various drams; visitors can also bottle their own single malt to take home.
Tours and tickets to Experience Glenlivet Distillery
What are Glenlivet Distillery hours of operation?
Should I book Glenlivet Distillery tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Glenlivet Distillery 2021?
What's the best way to experience Glenlivet Distillery?
- Whisky Distillery Trifecta - Macallan - Glenfiddich - Glenlivet - Private Tour
- Speyside Whisky Experience by Whisky Trails: Three Speyside Distilleries
- Best Scottish Distilleries Whisky Private Day Trip plus optional Castle Tour
Things to do near Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in Western Norway