Top North Island Unique Experiences
18 results | All North Island Tours
* A traveler said: "A very fun, informative and different adventure. Went with kids ages 11 and 7. Face to face with glow worms and got to within meters of a wallaby and more. Stephen very personable and fun and loves what he does. Easy pick up from hotel. Great torch collection (!) and interesting how to get close to animals using them."
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was memorable. Our guides were absolutely fabulouso! So much fun, it was just amazing. Thank you all for making it a trip to remember xx"
* A traveler said: "Had a fantastic time. Possum, Jack and YaYa we’re knowledgeable and fun. It was an amazing funny experience that we can highly recommend to everyone."
* A traveler said: "Enjoyed the entire experience. Life long journey with the Hobbit. Was worth every penny we paid. Would do it again."
* A traveler said: "This tour was so much fun. The vineyards were beautiful . So picturesque. The wine was so good that we had to send some of it home. Lots of information and laughs"
* A traveler said: "Most important to my husband in choosing which glow worm tour to take was his allowance to bring in all of his camera gear. So, we took the photography tour and we couldn’t be happier that we did. Heath ,our guide, knows every nook and cranny of his caves and we very much benefited from his knowledge. He’s also very good company. We also got lucky because Heath took tons of very good photos of us and then allowed us to download them for free! Which was so refreshing after being on tours that would try to make extra money from taking your photo."
* A traveler said: "Hobbiton was amazing for the Tolkien fan. A full sized Shire with 42 Hobbit holes including Bags End and the Green Dragon! The Waitomo Cave & glow worm experience was super cool. It's a one-of-a-kind adventure that you'll talk about long after."
* A traveler said: "Listed pickup spot was easy to get to, across the street from the 2nd "free shuttle bus" stop. The driver tried to call us, we didn't have a phone plan, to arrange pickup at the ship to save us doing the shuttle. We had a great time and when we returned to the ship and spoke of it there were a number of people that were envious of us. There were just two of us on the tour (my wife and myself) and the tour guide, Philip. Philip did not skimp on the tour because of the low turnout. We saw 4 breweries, had numerous samples at two of them and a 4 and a 6 "flight" of larger samples at two others. Along the way Philip talked of Wellington and New Zealand, being such a small group we also were able to talk about more personal things such as schooling, sports etc Highlight was Kereru Brewery. Highly recommend, too often Wine tours are seen and something like this is overlooked."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour and excellent service by Katy. The other four people booked on the tour cancelled at the last minute which left only me to do the tour but it was still run. Katy was very good at making sure I didn't feel lonely. Good beers to taste."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide John was fantastic. He took the time to show us art-deco style buildings on route to the wineries, and gave us a mini tour of the city upon our return. We visited three wineries and at one were given some snacks to demonstrate matching wines with food. We can thoroughly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed our day. Selwyn was a great tour guide. He added a lot of local knowledge of the area and took us to several points of interest. Would highly recommend it! Really enjoyed the local breweries and would highly recommend it!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Napier
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Blenheim
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Rarotonga