Top North Island Nature and Wildlife Tours
236 results | All North Island Tours
* A traveler said: "What an incredible experience! The glowworm cave was just spectacular and coupled with the history (both scientific & Maori) we learned from our guide, Moi, made it an unforgettable experience! We’ve recommended the tour to family and friends and will continue to do so."
* A traveler said: "Great 3 stop tour! Kelly was a great host and very kind to fellow passengers that made him repeat information when they didn't listen the first time. The caves were other worldly! Biggest geyser in southern hemisphere. Hobbiton movie set was a great tour too! Well worth the price! Take a pillow to nap between stops."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic set. Our tour guide was awesome. My kids really enjoyed aswell as ourselves. Would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, with amazing scenery. Our guide David was friendly and gave a lot of general information about Auckland. He allowed us to take photos at many different locations, being overly enthusiastic himself."
* A traveler said: "Do not miss this experience, well organised from the moment you are picked up till the drop off by Michael who informed us not only about the making of the movie but the countryside that surrounds the set."
* A traveler said: "Martin did an excellent job of explaining about the sights along the way as well as getting us oriented for our Hobbiton and Glow Worm cave tours. Would highly recomeythis tour and Martin as our guide."
* A traveler said: "What a beautiful and peaceful place especially with nice weather. Got to know more about birds. Friendly and helpful staff."
* A traveler said: "Paul was a very cheery and knowledgeable guide. Put us at our ease straight away. We know now that Auckland is a more interesting city than first impressions. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Lance is the best storyteller. He shows passion for what he does. Recommend the tour and the location."
* A traveler said: "I had a really good time on this tour and the guide, Alex, was very friendly and knowledgeable about the local plants and wildlife. He took us to the Waitakere Ranges and Piha beach and explained about the rainforest ecosystem, it's history and how it's now being conserved as we went along. The rainforest was amazing and there are beautiful, scenic views over the ranges from the Arataki Visitor Centre. Piha beach was beautiful as well and we stopped on an overlook for some amazing views of it before we went down to it properly. We stopped for lunch at a bakery on the way (which does a really good stake pie by the way), and Alex had tea, coffee, juice and biscuits on the bus for a snack. It's a tour of nature so toilet stops are limited, being at the visitor centre and Piha Beach, but we were warned and it wasn't really a problem as it isn't a long drive between the sites. I thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone who's visiting New Zealand and wants to explore it's wilder side and even to locals who may want to learn a bit more about the wilderness and history of the ranges around them. This tour deserves the 5 stars I gave it and I'll definitely consider booking Bush and Beaches again in the future for another tour."
* A traveler said: "The driver kept us entertained with many stories. It might have been useful to have him share more about the countryside. Some of the sharing was done and more depth would be enhanced the trive."
* A traveler said: "Good overall show and dinner...was pretty late on the return ( 10PM ) but bus driver sang to us for fun!"
* A traveler said: "Will be looking for the dolphins for a long time and we found them, That was amazing!! And we have a nice sunset after, really a good trip"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful day out exploring Hobbiton and the geothermal hot springs with Grant our excellent guide."
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was memorable. Our guides were absolutely fabulouso! So much fun, it was just amazing. Thank you all for making it a trip to remember xx"
* A traveler said: "Hi all, i would say the best two and half hours of my life of sailing ⛵️.. really enjoyed every min of that. The champagne 🍾 and the good time with travellers n crew member, it was whole lot of fun 🤩"
* A traveler said: "A thoroughly delightful shore excursion, well planned and executed. Much natural beauty and human interest."
* A traveler said: "This excursion was magnificent and memorable from start to finish. Happily, exactly as advertised! The expertise and knowledge of the crew proved to be very interesting and informative along with their friendliness which was sincere and delightful. We would highly recommend to anyone and everyone who enjoys sailing and being on the water!"
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent tour guide who was highly knowledgeable about Ruakuri. Having been to both caves, we much preferred this tour to the one at Waitomo."
* A traveler said: "Great day out, nice and relaxed, enough time to go at my own pace. Lunch was great. Pick up and drop off really handy."
* A traveler said: "I loved both the caves and the Hobbiton tour. Both were unique experiences you can’t get elsewhere and I am so glad I did both! While you are on a small bus for part of the day from Rotorua and back the tours made it worth it. I learned a lot, saw amazing things and would recommend the tours to anyone!"
* A traveler said: "Had a great time with this full day tour. We only had a couple of days in NZ and we're glad we booked this tour."
* A traveler said: "Awesome time on the tour and what better way than to have the brains of the operation Jenny who was our tour guide. We enjoyed our time on the tour and would recommend it high to anyone who is looking at a great waiheke island wine tour experience."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- Bird Watching
- Dolphin Watching
- Eco Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Natural Attractions
- Nature Parks
- Nature Walks
- Shark Diving
- Swim with Dolphins
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Encounters
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- White Island (Whakaari)
- Lake Rotorua
- Haruru Falls
- Volcanic Activity Centre
- Auckland Sky Tower
- Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE® Aquarium
- Sulphur Point
- Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
- Port of Tauranga
- CentrePort Wellington
- Cuba Street
- Mission Estate Winery
- Mt. Tarawera
- Rotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa)
- Whangarei Falls
- Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park
- Waitakere Ranges
- Viaduct Harbour
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Napier
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Blenheim
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Rarotonga