Top North Island Half-day Tours
253 results | All North Island Tours
* A traveler said: "Paul was a very cheery and knowledgeable guide. Put us at our ease straight away. We know now that Auckland is a more interesting city than first impressions. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "I had a really good time on this tour and the guide, Alex, was very friendly and knowledgeable about the local plants and wildlife. He took us to the Waitakere Ranges and Piha beach and explained about the rainforest ecosystem, it's history and how it's now being conserved as we went along. The rainforest was amazing and there are beautiful, scenic views over the ranges from the Arataki Visitor Centre. Piha beach was beautiful as well and we stopped on an overlook for some amazing views of it before we went down to it properly. We stopped for lunch at a bakery on the way (which does a really good stake pie by the way), and Alex had tea, coffee, juice and biscuits on the bus for a snack. It's a tour of nature so toilet stops are limited, being at the visitor centre and Piha Beach, but we were warned and it wasn't really a problem as it isn't a long drive between the sites. I thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone who's visiting New Zealand and wants to explore it's wilder side and even to locals who may want to learn a bit more about the wilderness and history of the ranges around them. This tour deserves the 5 stars I gave it and I'll definitely consider booking Bush and Beaches again in the future for another tour."
* A traveler said: "Good tour and excellent narration. The guide was very accommodating. Perfect timing of the hotel pickup."
* A traveler said: "Will be looking for the dolphins for a long time and we found them, That was amazing!! And we have a nice sunset after, really a good trip"
* A traveler said: "A great half day tour of the city and beyond, covering the highlights and more with a very knowledgeable guide."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, with amazing scenery. Our guide David was friendly and gave a lot of general information about Auckland. He allowed us to take photos at many different locations, being overly enthusiastic himself."
* A traveler said: "Great 3 stop tour! Kelly was a great host and very kind to fellow passengers that made him repeat information when they didn't listen the first time. The caves were other worldly! Biggest geyser in southern hemisphere. Hobbiton movie set was a great tour too! Well worth the price! Take a pillow to nap between stops."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic set. Our tour guide was awesome. My kids really enjoyed aswell as ourselves. Would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Martin did an excellent job of explaining about the sights along the way as well as getting us oriented for our Hobbiton and Glow Worm cave tours. Would highly recomeythis tour and Martin as our guide."
* A traveler said: "Lance is the best storyteller. He shows passion for what he does. Recommend the tour and the location."
* A traveler said: "Hi all, i would say the best two and half hours of my life of sailing ⛵️.. really enjoyed every min of that. The champagne 🍾 and the good time with travellers n crew member, it was whole lot of fun 🤩"
* A traveler said: "Just do it. Go to the top have lunch or dinner if you can. For us it was certainly a highlight of our brief visit to Aukland."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful day out exploring Hobbiton and the geothermal hot springs with Grant our excellent guide."
* A traveler said: "The driver kept us entertained with many stories. It might have been useful to have him share more about the countryside. Some of the sharing was done and more depth would be enhanced the trive."
* A traveler said: "This excursion was magnificent and memorable from start to finish. Happily, exactly as advertised! The expertise and knowledge of the crew proved to be very interesting and informative along with their friendliness which was sincere and delightful. We would highly recommend to anyone and everyone who enjoys sailing and being on the water!"
* A traveler said: "Great day out, nice and relaxed, enough time to go at my own pace. Lunch was great. Pick up and drop off really handy."
* A traveler said: "Our tour operator was very knowledgeable about the city of Auckland and the surrounding areas. He was also very agreeable to stopping for photos and walking when we wanted to see the sights. We highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Carefree day. Phil knows the area inside out.Beautiful town & boutique vineyards. Gourmet cheese & aromatic wine tasting."
* A traveler said: "Do not miss this experience, well organised from the moment you are picked up till the drop off by Michael who informed us not only about the making of the movie but the countryside that surrounds the set."
* A traveler said: "What an incredible experience! The glowworm cave was just spectacular and coupled with the history (both scientific & Maori) we learned from our guide, Moi, made it an unforgettable experience! We’ve recommended the tour to family and friends and will continue to do so."
* A traveler said: "What a beautiful and peaceful place especially with nice weather. Got to know more about birds. Friendly and helpful staff."
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was memorable. Our guides were absolutely fabulouso! So much fun, it was just amazing. Thank you all for making it a trip to remember xx"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Aratiatia Rapids
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT)
- Polynesian Spa
- Lake Rotorua
- Waikato River
- White Island (Whakaari)
- Sky City Auckland
- Volcanic Activity Centre
- Pukaha National Wildlife Centre
- Wairakei Terraces and Thermal Health Spa
- Buried Village of Te Wairoa
- New Zealand Maritime Museum
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Mt. Victoria Reserve (Takarunga)
- Auckland Domain
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Motutapu Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Napier
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Blenheim
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Rarotonga