* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "Anton was a wonderful guide! Smart, funny and very engaging! He was not only able to answer our questions but also tested our knowledge in order to give the best experience. Well worth the trip."
* A traveler said: "The guide was amazing by providing us with many data. Our main problem was that the boy couldn't speak good spanish."
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Terrie was our guide, he grew up in the area and new his WW2 history, he was very personable and gave us a lot of little known facts. I would highly suggest the Band of Brothers tour, well worth the day!"
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "Pont DU Hoc was amazing. Lots of information we didn't know and great description really helped out into perspective."
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide who was extremely knowledgable about the area and history. Such fun being in this Gold Beach Adventures vehicle!"
* A traveler said: "Mike was very friendly and told me a lot about history of the landing. Having known already a lot about the DD day he told me other facts, logical history tricks and scories. It is with the price... je picked me up at 8:30 close To bayeux, brought me two two extra locations. I saw many things with a lot of information : St mère Église, the story of the paratroopers on the roof, the scarces of the german bulletts, the location of the 82nd airborn division pathfinder landing... many many other treasures of history but also wondering myself trafics and critical and very tough as both cemeteries of colléville and la cambe and also french major Kieffer and Guyenne french air force tactical group mémorial. Worth the money. I advice for the gourmets of history and good tremper this trip with Mike, this tour guide, he is the boss of the Allied victory tour. Ibis budget accommodation is pretty Nice, cheap and friendly as to reserve your budget for the tour"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "Very interesting and very good guide. We visited the most important sites and listened to interesting storories and facts."
* A traveler said: "Omaha beach and the American cemetery will be most memorable. So reflective and moving. Our tour guide Thierry with Overlord Tour, was amazing! Very knowledgeable and personable. Learned a lot and enjoyed the whole tour!"
* A traveler said: "A great way to see the area, fabulous fun with knowledgeable, fun and experienced riders. I would recommend it as the best way to enjoy the fresh air and see the sights."
* A traveler said: "Our Guide was terrific and made us very comfortable spending the time at the beach. He was extremely knowledgeable and felt like we had known him forever. Good driver, nice van --had water for us. Non smoker."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Trouville (Trouville-sur-Mer)
- Caen Castle (Château de Caen)
- Panorama XXL
- St. Catherine’s Church (Eglise Sainte-Catherine)
- D-Day Experience & Dead Man's Corner Museum
- Rouen Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- La Colline aux Oiseaux Park (Parc de La Colline aux Oiseaux)
- Abbaye aux Dames
- Joan of Arc Historial (Historial Jeanne d’Arc)
- Cote d'Albatre
- Normandy Museum (Musée de Normandie)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Jurques Zoo (Zoo de Jurques)
- Omaha Beach
- Mont Saint-Michel
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Juno Beach Centre (Centre Juno Beach)
- Utah Beach D-Day Museum (Musée du Débarquement)
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Pointe du Hoc
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Burgundy