D-Day Experience & Dead Man's Corner Museum
You’ll discover a robust collection of wartime artifacts at Dead Man’s Corner Museum, the former headquarters of German paratroopers. Most travelers pair a visit to Dead Man’s Corner with stops at other D-Day Experience exhibits, since one admission ticket gives you access to all the attractions.
To save time at the entrance, book your ticket online in advance. For deeper insight, opt for a private tour that visits several notable World War II sites, such as Utah Beach and Omaha Beach.
Things to Know Before You Go
History enthusiasts should check out the museum’s unique WWII relics, such as General Eisenhower’s jacket, and a suit worn by Lieutenant Richard D. Winters.
To view actual footage from D-Day, don’t miss the 3D IMAX film.
The Airborne wall memorial honors the troops that served in WWII—a draw for veterans and military families.
How to Get There
The D-Day Experience is located in Saint-Côme-du-Mont, Normandy. If you’re traveling from Paris, take the SNCF train directly to Carentan from Paris’ Saint-Lazare station. The ride is about 2.5 hours. From Carentan station, hop in a taxi to the museum, about five minutes away.
When to Get There
The D-Day Experience is a year-round attraction that holds seasonal hours: 10am to 6pm from October through March, and 9:30am to 7pm from April through September. In summer, enjoy sunny weather, but expect crowds. In fall and winter, expect fewer tourists, but chilly weather.
Experience D-Day on the Flight Simulator
If you’re inspired to step into the shoes of American paratroopers, take a ride on the Dead Man’s Corner Museum flight simulator—just across the grounds of the D-Day Experience. Board the plane, and strap in to the converted C-47 aircraft. Be prepared for a bumpy ride across the Channel, and experience a bit of what it was like to storm the beaches of Normandy.
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Normandy Victory Museum
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Utah Beach D-Day Museum (Musée du Débarquement)
- Pointe du Hoc
- Omaha Beach
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)