Devil's Hole State Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Devil’s Hole State Park is a peaceful place to relax after visiting thunderous Niagara Falls or when exploring the Niagara Gorge. The 42-acre (17-hectare) park has picnic areas, hiking trails, and fishing spots. Just north of Niagara Falls, New York, it overlooks the Devil’s Hole Rapids on the Niagara River and has views across to Canada.
This popular state park is a scenic destination year-round. In the warmer months, visitors enjoy picnicking, hiking, and fishing. In the winter there are snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails. Located on the US side of the Niagara Gorge, the park is connected to or near a number of other parks—including Whirlpool State Park and De Veaux Woods State Park—as well as other hiking trails such as the Whirlpool Rapids Trail and the Niagara Gorge Rim Trail.
Visitors often include a visit to Devil’s Hole State Park with a day of sightseeing and exploring nature in the area, as it’s a convenient distance from Niagara Falls and the towns of Lewiston and Youngstown. Some guided tours of the region stop at Devil’s Hole or the adjacent Whirlpool State Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Devil’s Hole State Park is lovely for outdoor enthusiasts.
- It’s free to enter the park.
- The park periodically hosts guided hikes. Check the New York State Parks’ website for up-to-date information.
- Devil’s Hole is partially accessible to wheelchairs and strollers. A stone staircase leads down to the base of the gorge and the Devil’s Hole Trail, but it’s quite steep so may not be ideal for travelers with small kids or mobility issues.
How to Get There
Devil’s Hole State Park is beside the Niagara Scenic Parkway (formerly called the Robert Moses Parkway), between the towns of Niagara Falls and Lewiston, on the US side of the Niagara River. The easiest way to get here is by private vehicle.
When to Get There
Devil’s Hole State Park is open year-round, although the restroom facilities are open only between mid-April and late October. The park is not lit at night, so it’s advisable to visit during daylight hours.
Take a Jet Boat Ride from Lewiston
For something a bit more thrilling than a walk in the park, join a jet boat tour of the Niagara River from Lewiston or Youngstown, a few miles north of Devil’s Hole State Park. Choose from wet or dry seating, and enjoy the views of the wooded cliffs along either side of the river as you zip up and down it.
Address: Robert Moses Parkway, Niagara Falls, New York 14305, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Devil's Hole State Park
No results found!
Things to do near Niagara Falls
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Cleveland
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Ottawa
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Ohio