Top Newport Cruises & Sailing
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Since members of the New York Yacht Club sailed to Newport in 1844, this coastal community in Rhode Island has been one of the world’s great maritime capitals. Whether you want to kick back and relax aboard a sunset cruise or try your hand at America’s Cup racing, you can do it here. These are some ways to enjoy the city from the water.
Harbor Sightseeing Excursions
Sightseeing cruises through Newport Harbor offer travelers the opportunity to take in the sights and sounds of Newport and Narragansett Bay from the decks of an open-air lobster boat. Many tours provide narration as they sail past points of interest, such as Fort Adams, Jamestown, and Newport’s famous Gilded-Age mansions.
For a romantic excursion on the water, board a boat for a sunset cruise along the stunning Rhode Island coastline. Learn about the area’s maritime history as you watch the sun set over the water. Some evening cruises also include a Champagne toast and the chance to sample some Rhode Island cuisine, such as a quahog stuffie (stuffed clams).
As a hub of sailing, Newport is an excellent spot to get out on the water aboard a yacht. Step aboard a former America’s Cup sailboat and try your hand at sailing, or simply sit back and take in the views of the New York Yacht Club, Newport Pell Bridge, Rose Island Lighthouse, and Fort Adams. For an adrenaline rush, get a hands-on lesson in America’s Cup racing maneuvers from a professional crew.
8 results | All Newport Tours
Take in Rhode Island’s scenic shoreline on a scenic sightseeing cruise through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay. Aboard an open-air, fully restored lobster boat, enjoy a narrated tour as you pass Newport and Jamestown harbor fronts, and see landmarks like Fort Adams, Newport Bridge, and the famous Clingstone house. Your afternoon trip includes a Rhode Island-styled refreshment, as well as a cash bar.
Get your bearings of Newport on a guided trolley tour of the city, which fills you in on Newport's history and contemporary culture as you travel among city sights. From restored homes on Ten Mile Ocean Drive to the legendary mansions of Bellevue Avenue, this tour introduces you to Newport with class and charm suitable of this historic city.
Discover the beauty of Newport, Rhode Island, and its historical mansions on a trolley tour that takes you past more than 150 points of interest along Ocean Drive, Bellevue Avenue, Cliff Walk, and more. Also included is admission to The Breakers, a Vanderbilt mansion and U.S. National Historic Landmark.
On this narrated tour, our guides will tell you about the lighthouses of Goat Island, Rose Island, Castle Hill and Lime Rock, and about the neighboring sites—including harbor mansions, churches, historic Fort Adams and Jamestown Village, the Newport Pell Bridge, Clingstone, Hammersmith Farm and more. You may even see a local seal or two in the water! Cruises depart from Bowen's Wharf, Newport.
See the historical and picturesque sights of Newport, Rhode Island, on this trolley tour that takes you past more than 150 points of interest along Ocean Drive, Bellevue Avenue, Cliff Walk, and more. Check out the colonial architecture and admire the mansions of the United States' Gilded Age.
Visit one of Newport's gorgeous Gilded Age mansions on a trolley tour that includes admission to Marble House, The Breakers, or Rosecliff. Choose the one that interests you most, taking in antique art and furnishings that are a fascinating glimpse of daily life in historic Newport. And since the trolley tour explores Ocean Drive and Bellevue Avenue, it's a great way to get an overview of the city's exclusive neighborhoods and beautiful coastal scenery, with an onboard guide to share Newport facts and history as you explore.
Hop into a pedicab for a private tour of Newport, Rhode Island. Your personal guide, who navigates through the area for you, tailors the tour to your interests and provides little–known anecdotes about Newport’s rich history. Unlike bus and shuttle tours, pedicab transport affords you unobstructed views of the scenery and plenty of photo opportunities.
Explore scenic, Newport’s historic Cliff Walk at your own pace using this self-guided, GPS-based tour. Download an easy-to-use app and set off on an attraction-packed audio tour. Learn the little-known stories behind famous families of the Gilded Age—the Vanderbilts, the Astors, and other millionaires—and see their iconic oceanside mansions.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Cruises & Sailing in Newport?
The best Cruises & Sailing in Newport according to Viator travelers are:
- Morning Mimosa or Afternoon Narrated Sightseeing Cruise from Newport, RI
- Newport Trolley Tour - Viking Scenic Overview
- Newport Gilded Age Mansions Trolley Tour with Breakers Admission (Ages 5+)
- Lighthouse and Mimosa Cruise of Narragansett Bay from Newport
- Newport Mansions Narrated Trolley Tour (Ages 5+ only)
What Cruises & Sailing in Newport are taking additional safety precautions?
These Newport experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Cruises & Sailing in Newport are good for avoiding crowds?
- Rough Point Tours & Tickets
- Easton’s Beach Tours & Tickets
- Narragansett Bay Tours & Tickets
- Rosecliff Tours & Tickets
- Brenton Point State Park Tours & Tickets
- The Elms Tours & Tickets
- Chateau-sur-Mer Tours & Tickets
- International Tennis Hall of Fame Tours & Tickets
- National Museum of American Illustration (NMAI) Tours & Tickets
- Isaac Bell House Tours & Tickets
- Ballard Park Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets