A kid-friendly New York City attraction, the Everett Children's Adventure Garden is an ideal place for young visitors to find educational activities, outdoor exploration, and hands-on science projects. With more than 12 acres (4.9 hectares) to visit—whether dashing through mazes or exploring plants at Habitat Hub—kids have plenty of fun.The Basics
The Everett Children's Adventure Garden is located inside the New York Botanical Garden, and one admission ticket is all you need to explore both attractions. Since the botanical garden is a popular destination, most travelers prebook tickets and avoid the hassle of ticket lines. Plan to visit on a day exploring the Bronx, and pair a garden visit with a stop at the Bronx Zoo, which is located within walking distance.
Things to Know Before You Go
How to Get There
- Families and kids of all ages shouldn't miss a visit to the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden.
- Young scientists love the nature-exploration programs, where kids can learn about ecology and plant cultivation.
- If you have questions, find an Explainer—they're ready to help young visitors discover the garden.
- If the weather turns, visit the indoor Discovery Center and greenhouse.
- Botany enthusiasts shouldn't miss a behind-the-scenes tour.
- The botanical garden is mostly accessible for wheelchair users, but the natural topography may be challenging to navigate.
The best way to get to the Everett Children's Adventure Garden is by public transportation. To travel on Metro North, take the train from Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. Hop on the Metro–North Harlem local line, and get off at the Botanical Garden station. The entrance is just across the street. Once inside, follow signs to the Everett Children's Adventure Garden. When to Get There
The New York Botanical Garden, where the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden is located, is a year-round destination open Tuesday to Sunday, from midmorning to evening. For families that want to join a guided children's garden activity, it's best to stop by on a weekday afternoon or over the weekend. For a better value, book weekday tickets, since admission is pricier on Saturday and Sunday. Visiting the Bronx Zoo
Kids go wild for New York's renowned Bronx Zoo, which is located about a 15-minute walk from the Everett Children's Adventure Garden. The zoo has more than 200 acres (81 hectares) to explore, including numerous animal habitats, rides, and family-friendly programs. For a better experience, purchase Total Experience tickets, which offer access to the zoo's premium exhibits and the always-helpful Zoo Shuttle.