Things to Do in New Orleans This Winter
Visiting New Orleans in winter means you can take advantage of walking tours and river cruises without the heat and humidity. Here are our favorite ways to indulge in the city’s stellar food and drinks scene, enjoy the festive holiday atmosphere, and learn about the history and culture of the region.
Get into the Christmas spirit with a walking tour of the French Quarter’s holiday decorations.
Celebrate the season with a French 75 or a Sazerac on a cocktail tour of historical watering holes.
See the city’s top attractions on a hop-on hop-off tour by open-top bus.
Discover the culinary culture of the French Quarter on a food tour of NOLA favorites like gumbo and beignets.
Take an evening cruise aboard the Steamboat Natchez for a Creole-style dinner and jazz music on the Mississippi.
Explore more of New Orleans outside the French Quarter on a guided city tour or a tour focused on the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.
Visit the National WWII Museum to browse exhibits about American involvement in World War II.
Head into the Louisiana countryside on a tour of antebellum plantations
7 Tours and Activities | All New Orleans Tours
- Things to Do in New Orleans This Summer
- Sightseeing on a Budget in New Orleans
- Top Day Trips from New Orleans
- Culture Lover’s Guide to New Orleans
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path in New Orleans
- How to Experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Top Parks and Gardens in New Orleans
- Things to Do in New Orleans This Winter